Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Car Winter Preperation!!!!

sonic113

ok fellas

nearly that time of the year again when the weather gets very unpredictable lol!

im looking new wipers for the front and back window of the focus. Now I did buy the Bosch ones last year and was not very impressed to be honest. yes they did a great job but i did expect them to last way longer than 10 months or so. i have cleaned the window with every other cleaner and method i could think of and tried an old set and they cleaned better than the Bosch ones but they where done so I need to renew.

the bosh wones are juddering on the wip up motion and just smear the glass which in heavy rain leaves the visibility very poor and not to mention the noise of they rubbing across the glass.

so I think im goin to try a set of the cheaper ones as im not that sold on buying the Bosch ones again. Has any body used the cheaper ones like this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/FOCUS-Wiper-Blades-26-17-Fitment/dp/B0056GQFXO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1442742421&sr=8-1&keywords=focus+wipers

any other recommendations are welcomes, I think the ford ones themselves are a bit pricey as well.

If you have a Tesco Extra near you then they do even cheaper aero blades at £4 each! Not tried them myself but was thinking about it.

Last time I tried them, they were rubbish. They all but fell apart getting them out of the packaging.

I fitted them to my ex-girlfriends car in the Tesco car park. Took them straight off and returned them - they did break!!

Michelin have launched some new wipers, I've seen them in local asda.

Failing that try eurocarparts, they usually have various brands.

buy crap that's what you get pay the money get the well known brand you know it makes sense

• Like 2

I have Bosch Aerotwins on mine, haven't had any issues as yet, but only been on a few months. The ones before were Ford branded ones, and last time I checked, were about ~20 quid on amazon.

Sent via the 'Clacks'

GNU STP

• Like 1

Mine could do with a new set of wipers, I was hoping to go for a set of Ford ones...depends how cheaply I can find them lol!

The 2.5 Focus doesn't use the 'normal' hook system does it? Looks more complicated that that but I haven't removed one yet.

The 2.5 Focus has frameless wipers, and are fitted by a pin in the end of the wiper arm. Dead easy to change.

Sent via the 'Clacks'

GNU STP

• Like 1

Ah I see, so does need to be specific fitting then. I'll see how much genuine ones are on trade I think. :)

I might go for the ford ones over the Bosch ones if I can find them cheap.

ford ones £30 from dealer for c-max similar price probably for focus

• Like 1

ford ones £30 from dealer for c-max similar price probably for focus

About that, yeah

If you have a Tesco Extra near you then they do even cheaper aero blades at £4 each! Not tried them myself but was thinking about it.

Cheap aero blades damaged my old windscreen beyond repair... They felt fine to the tough but left grooves in the screen.. I now use Bosch Aero. I rarely have to use them.

Rain repellant (ceramic/nano preferably) & anti fog is a must have for the whole year, but especially winter

• Like 2

is that rain -x yo are talking about kieran

I personally find rain X is rather rubbish.

I prefer gtechniq & Carbon collective's offerings :)

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Michelin have launched some new wipers, I've seen them in local asda.

My Local Asda (and it seems to vary by Asda - maybe the bigger ones are better in this respect) has both the Michelin ones and a cheaper brand (seem to be Lucas, but that only means that they are someone you've never heard of, in re-branded Lucas packaging).

Anyway, some of the time, I've seen them on a half price offer; unfortunately not recently. But, when they are on offer, they are really cheap.

Both the Michelins and the 'no names' are ok, really. I have had the Michelins on for the last 11 months, and there is a bit of misting (small) at the turn around point (where the passenger side blade stops and turns around, a thin line forms, which is only there for about a second; not really a big problem, but, once you've have seen it, it is a bit annoying, because you keep noticing it), which goes fairly quickly, but they are quite a clever design (from a distance, they look like at one piece design, but are really a modified conventional design disguised as one piece), but it is unclear whether that actually makes them better for the end user.

I can't really say that the cheaper ones are much worse when they are new, although they may last less well. When they are on the half price offer (£4?), you can afford to throw them on, and change them early without feeling too much pain.

I picked up a set of the bosh ones again and give the window a really good wash down with vinegar and newspaper and all is cleaning 100% brilliantly so hopefully these ones should last more than 7 months.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I just bought a set for £13 on eBay, two front, one rear, they work perfect! and at that price, I could buy twice and still exceed most manufacturers for a fraction of the cost!

In prep for winter, bear in mind our prep threads are worth a read!

http://www.fordownersclub.com/news/iams-winter-tips-2/

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/39792-the-foc-winter-car-issues-thread/

Always good to get ahead of the snow!

In prep for winter, bear in mind our prep threads are worth a read!

http://www.fordownersclub.com/news/iams-winter-tips-2/

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/39792-the-foc-winter-car-issues-thread/

Always good to get ahead of the snow!

Thanks - some good advice/info there.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So which wipers did we decide were best then? I need all 3 and happy to pay more for ones that last longer/aren't useless lol. I've always used Aerotwins on old hook style arms but the reviews on here don't seem to be so good now.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club