Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Focus Titanium - Help

tank121

Just picked up my Focus 2012 125 model Htc M8 Andoid phone paired via bluetooth.

I can receive calls and see the address book etc, however when I use the voice control and say phone it recognises it but when saying call Joe Bloggs it says something like command something and stops. It doesn't matter what name I say it still fails.

However selecting from the address book using the buttons works fine

Mine works/recognises names as & when it feels like it.

Some days it works no problem at all & others will call random people.

It doesn't work with any as if it hasn't head the 'call.....'

Maybe something to do with the software or microphone issue? If still struggling take it back to dealers and ask them to have a quick look.

Do you have to store all the numbers and record their names first? This it where it plays your actual voice backdating the name and then record the number.

Or should I should be able to say dial any name in my address book?

Try un-pairing/resetting it & then pair your phone again.

You should just be able to say "call Joe bloggs" after pressing the voice control button on steering wheel.

As rank121 says, unless you have sync, then you have to record your voice and number, to voice dial a name, you can however voice dial a number. Sync has the additional feature of matching a voice name to your phone book.

Ah sorry, I thought all titanium mk3's came with Sony unit/sync?

Sync came out in 2012 I believe, depends if the car is before or after, etis will tell you if it has sync.

Just picked up my Focus 2012 125 model Htc M8 Andoid phone paired via Bluetooth.

I can receive calls and see the address book etc, however when I use the voice control and say phone it recognises it but when saying call Joe Bloggs it says something like command something and stops. It doesn't matter what name I say it still fails.

However selecting from the address book using the buttons works fine

If I have understood you correctly the answer could be this. The phonebook you can see on the screen [which has been downloaded from your phone] can only be used using the buttons on the head unit. The 'voicecontrol 'call name etc, will only work on names and numbers that you have stored yourself via the voice control.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club