Do Not Sell My Personal Information

St Stolen Last Night

K.Lockwood

I've learnt a lot from these forums.

Purchased my Titanium in March this year, and was overjoyed with all the extra's. But as soon as I found out about the vulnerabilities of the Fiesta's security, I took action.

I will not specify to what I've exactly done, as there are many praying eyes on the internet. But to say the least, I used to sleep "uneasy" when I first purchased. But I can now literally sleep with no worries - about waking up and my has Fiesta vanished!

Take action! ^_^

• Like 2

Just to confirm, would removing the OBD fuse make it impossible for the thieves to start the car using their "methods" unless they put a fuse back in? If so I might go ahead and do it, then I just have to let the dealers know that the fuse is removed if they need to connect to the OBD.

And there's another question, would a dealer ever need to access the OBD for a service or MOT, or do they only do that if there is a problem and they need to check for error codes?

Removing the OBD fuse renders the OBD '' dead '' - so if these scum's device needs power when they plug it into the port, which I suspect it does , they will have no power - rendering their device inoperable

Yes a dealer may well access the OBD port during a service - so it's simply a case of advising them or popping the fuse back in prior to the service

Unfortunately deterring thieves often means some inconvenience to the owner & I would categorically state that a disklok or similar doesn't defeat the purpose of keyless entry / start at all, far from it as it serves a visual deterrent & a physical barrier they have to overcome in order to steal the vehicle & that takes extra time & time is the thieves enemy

If I could I'd happily wire both our cars to the mains electricity supply & see how they deal with a 240v hairstyle :)

• Like 5

To me, any extra security device(s) is / are a far better proposition than having the car vanish . . . .

Think about it, popping a fuse in and out isn't a massive inconvenience - surely? Better to be safe, than sorry!

There's no inconvenience worse than having a car stolen

• Like 1

Shame mate feel for you , i had my titanium x stolen a few months back with just 300 mile from new. Gutting it really is , not to mention the agro of having no car whilst waiting for insurance to pay out etc etc and then the wait when re ordering again. Mine was same no glass etc. to the mod who removed the detailed info ! if possible could you message me the details exactly what was printed by said poster how his car was stolen so it could give me a head up to cover anything i have not already done to prevent another going missing thanks. If not , not a problem,

Think about it, popping a fuse in and out isn't a massive inconvenience - surely? Better to be safe, than sorry!

As long as I only have to do it once and just let dealers know, and they take it out when they're done. The main inconvenience is that getting at the fuse box in the Fiesta is a bit of a hassle because of how the glove box is designed. I wouldn't want to be doing that very often.

Does anyone know if you can buy dummy fuses which could be put in place of the standard fuse to fool any thief who tries to check the fuses?

As long as I only have to do it once and just let dealers know, and they take it out when they're done. The main inconvenience is that getting at the fuse box in the Fiesta is a bit of a hassle because of how the love box is designed. I wouldn't want to be doing that very often.

Does anyone know if you can buy dummy fuses which could be put in place of the standard fuse to fool any thief who tries to check the fuses?

Just blow a fuse & put that in :)

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Out of interest I Googled how to break into a new ford fiesta st. FFS there's a bleedin video showing you how to do it. Ok it looks like an older type fiesta but I'd guess it's the same method. Don't these new st fiestas have Thatcham 1 security? If not WHY NOT Ford?

• Like 1

Out of interest I Googled how to break into a new ford fiesta st. FFS there's a bleedin video showing you how to do it. Ok it looks like an older type fiesta but I'd guess it's the same method. Don't these new st fiestas have Thatcham 1 security? If not WHY NOT Ford?

I'm sure owners wouldn't mind paying a couple of hundred extra whilst ordering, in the mind set that theyre going to keep the car?

I was under the impression that Fiesta ST's had Thatcham cat 1 ?

My Focus ST & Mondeo TXS have

I was also under the impression that double locking / deadlocking the doors meant they cannot be opened without the key / remote / smart key ?

I can't believe how small a degree of difficulty/Inconvince creates so much hassle for people.

Disklok takes a few seconds to fit or remove and store in the boot, behind the seat or passenger footwell, will that really slow you up? Do you jump in start up and drive off in one quick movement?

Glove box, open it push sides in and pull down to reveal the fuses.(probably take longer to find the fuse number in the book) once done doesn't need putting back in till the car goes into the dealer.

Popping the OBD port out ant poking it behind the dash, again takes little effort or time which are outweighed by the benefits

They hassles seem large enough to stop people taking measures to hopefully prevent their car being stolen, no wonder so many disappear.

Saying that you don't live in a risky area is reason not to do something, do you only park at home? The thefts have gone from Essex to Birmingham and now this one has been stolen from Yorkshire,

Peoples priorities are odd, "I've got LEDs, HIDs, gel badges, gloss black plastics, I'll take a pic to show everyone, oh where's my car"

• Like 5

I agree with Mark - the only essential mod worth doing first of all is the one that stops, or at least helps prevent your car being stolen & it could be said that visual mods make the car more attractive to these thieving scum

I fail to see the logic in spending a fortune on modifying your pride & joy, but not invest in seriously high quality security devices, or even free ones like disabling the OBD port etc

I'm sure a few seconds or even a minute or two spent removing diskloks etc is worth the miniscule effort compared to having your car stolen

• Like 3

Peoples priorities are odd, "I've got LEDs, HIDs, gel badges, gloss black plastics, I'll take a pic to show everyone, oh where's my car"

I shouldn't laugh, but the way you "put that" did make me chuckle!

• Like 2

Yes it does, standard on all MK7 STs. But I don't know how Thatcham actually test the alarm because it's obviously not fit for purpose with all these thefts going on.

I was also under the impression that double locking / deadlocking the doors meant they cannot be opened without the key / remote / smart key ?

But with the kit the thieves are using they can clone a key I think, so then they can do anything with the car.

I can't believe how small a degree of difficulty/Inconvince creates so much hassle for people.

Disklok takes a few seconds to fit or remove and store in the boot, behind the seat or passenger footwell, will that really slow you up? Do you jump in start up and drive off in one quick movement?

Glove box, open it push sides in and pull down to reveal the fuses.(probably take longer to find the fuse number in the book) once done doesn't need putting back in till the car goes into the dealer.

Popping the OBD port out ant poking it behind the dash, again takes little effort or time which are outweighed by the benefits

They hassles seem large enough to stop people taking measures to hopefully prevent their car being stolen, no wonder so many disappear.

Saying that you don't live in a risky area is reason not to do something, do you only park at home? The thefts have gone from Essex to Birmingham and now this one has been stolen from Yorkshire,

It's not really about something "slowing me up", and I almost ordered a steering wheel lock a while back but didn't bother in the end. I think just doing something with the fuse / port will be enough. And no I don't start and go straight away so to be fair a disklock wouldn't be too bad.

The glove box feels like it's going to snap every time I've opened it up to do dashcam related things with the fusebox, and it's easy to lose the rubber bits off each end which happened to me.

Most of the time my car is parked at home (private parking out of sight of road) or at work in a secure car park. I deliberately picked an area to live where there is basically no crime - I've seen about 2 police cars in a whole year. Yes there's still a chance it could be stolen but as long as they can't get at the OBD port I'll be happy.

They do, the problem is that there is a blind spot.

Zero cost easy option is to move the OBD port out of sight.

• Like 1

My insurance insists on a tracker system, the cost is covered by my monthly insurance, yes my insurance company can see if I go all Need for Speed on my car, but I am long over that this stage of my life. I was very surprized at how accurate the system is, I can even draw an barrier around my town and if the car leaves that invisible fence I get a message. If I leave my vehicle parked for the week I can click a button on a app that will notify me if the car is started at any time, not to mention all the other info it gives me, my average speed, braking, cornering harshly etc. all while sowing me on Google Maps.

• Like 2

My tracker shows me exactly where my car is to within 1 metre and if stolen/found the company will send a security guard to watch over it until I recover it (or a nominated recovery company if it's undriveable).

• Like 3

My tracker shows me exactly where my car is to within 1 metre and if stolen/found the company will send a security guard yo watch over it until I recover it (or a nominated recovery company if it's undriveable).

Is your eyesight that bad that you need to know Where it is 1 metre away? ;) haha

The security guard is a good touch though. Although a trunk monkey would finish off the security system :)

Could anyone tell me which fuse it is for the OBD please?

If not on here by PM if you would.

I appreciate the help.

It's a 1.4 Titanium.

Thanks

Stu

Is your eyesight that bad that you need to know Where it is 1 metre away? ;) haha

Twit :d

• Like 3

it really is that accurate, my mom borrowed my vehicle the one day and I could even see in what parking bay she was parked, told her she was about 4km/h over the speed limit at said time, she wanted to know if I was following her :lol:

• Like 4

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club