Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sat Nav Mount

Reel105

Hey guys.

Still loving the Fiesta at the minute.

Found one small problem though - I think there's a slight concave to the windscreen which means my Sat Nav suction doesn't hold too well.

Notice there's a lot of dash space though - anyone know of a mount that will sit on the dash or some other alternative to sticking it to a window?

Sat Nav is a Tom Tom One V3.

Cheers in advance.

Ian

I've got the same tomtom and find it sits on the screen really well. All I do is lick my finger rub that over the sucker and then put it on to the lower middle on the windscreen. Only ever had it fall off once but that's cos I didn't do the lick trick.

Alternatively you could stick it to the silver plastic bit above the shifter, but I found that my hand kept clipping it and it was out of my view for speed camera alerts.

You can get one of these.. http://www.tomtom-proclip.com/ which can get elsewhere for cheaper I might add.

Cheers for the suggestions - both look decent.

I think the mount looks a little tidier than the dash disk but it's pretty expensive (I also like how they show an actual picture of the mount in place on your choice of car).

You use the dash disk, Dan? Any problems with residual adhesive?

Alternatively you could stick it to the silver plastic bit above the shifter, but I found that my hand kept clipping it and it was out of my view for speed camera alerts.

Is that panel actually smooth enough for the suction to stay on? Might have to try that when I get my car - not a fan of having the mounting bracket on the screen, especially with the marks it leaves.

I don't use a dash disk - I have a v4 and it fits brilliantly on the screen nearest to the driver's door.

Re the marks on the screen - I keep a pack of glass wipes in the glovebox.

ive got a tomtom and i bought the proclip thats fits into your dash just below the stereo,no drilling just clips in

Is that panel actually smooth enough for the suction to stay on? Might have to try that when I get my car - not a fan of having the mounting bracket on the screen, especially with the marks it leaves.

It's stuck on mine the only thing is that you have to be careful not to pull the cover off when removing the sucker. ;)

reading in manual it mentions about a sat nav mount some where in car i think mind u i was reading it late at night but im sure i saw that mentioned

We use a tomtom and have bought a navmat this fits in the little recess really well and we have had no problems with it and used it on several long journeys.

I would recommend it.

It's stuck on mine the only thing is that you have to be careful not to pull the cover off when removing the sucker. ;)

Cheers - sounds perfect then. I was planning on trying to modify that panel to try and use the space behind, but might not need to now....or if I do, I can pull it off with my sat nav!

reading in manual it mentions about a sat nav mount some where in car i think mind u i was reading it late at night but im sure i saw that mentioned

....for Left hand drive cars only unfortunately. Its a Garmin one that actually gets wired into the car's electrics for anyone outside the UK who might actually be able to get one!

This is a really useful thread. I am currently looking at the best way to mount my Tom Tom GO 520. Has anyone used an air vent mount successfully for the new Fiesta? The pro clip is so expensive unless anyone has found a cheaper website to get it from? I have the suction mount for the windscreen, but want something better for the new car when it arrives. Hopefully the car got built today?

I use a tom tom dash board mount that came with my sat nav, i stuck in on the space just between the radio screen and above the cd player.

its a better position as it doesnt block my view of road

can't you stick it in the little side window at front and angle bracket towards driver.

The main problem with sticking it in that window is that if you're doing long journeys then it's likely it'll need charging.

With the charging socket being in the central panel near the handbrake it would mean either draping a wire over your knee or behind the steering wheel.

The main problem with sticking it in that window is that if you're doing long journeys then it's likely it'll need charging.

With the charging socket being in the central panel near the handbrake it would mean either draping a wire over your knee or behind the steering wheel.

I have my satnav mounted in the lower right windscreen so my cable is draped behind the steering wheel, curving around the airvent and alongside the centre console to the socket. Doesn't get in the way and means i can just take off the satnav when I'm parked at a service station. the cable is pretty much invisible.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club