Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Patchy Dab/fm Radio

Kryten2340

Hi,

I recently installed an Eonon headunit and add on DAB tuner into my 10 plate Focus. On the whole I have no reception issues and have a strong signal but there are some areas where the DAB will just cut in and out and FM and AM fails to lock onto a signal. I am using the aerial that came with the car and a DAB splitter which has a 12v feed that is connected to one of the aerial 12v feeds I have coming from the headunit.

I am starting to suspect that splitting the aerial is the cause of my problems in poor signal areas and wondering if something like the link below with two dedicated feeds is what I need, albeit with an SMA fitting on the DAB side.

http://www.npautoparts.co.uk/car-audio-c188/dab-digital-radio-c301/dab-aerials-c323/digital-dab-am-fm-roof-mount-whip-aerial-p84170

Looking for advice before purchasing

I put one on mine a used the windscreen aerial and it fades in and out in town( the town in a valley ) on some stations but radio 2 works all the time so I change it when I get out of town

Hi

I had DAB on a Sony stereo which just kept on losing its signal

at certain "black spots" then I also fitted a eonon unit with s DAB

aerial and buster and it still suffers from the same signal loss

so I think that DAB suffers from signal black spots.

Just on another note be careful where you take the power feed

for the buster as I wired mine in to a pertinent 12v and it drained the

battery when on holiday. You need to use a feed from fise100 in the

Fuse box. Use a piggy back fuse to take the feed

DAB has been rubbish this week so I've switch back to FM, that's for BBC radio 2 as well.

• 1 month later...

Hi. I have a Sony 6cd DAB radio fitted to my Focus 2-5 with the correct Ford Ariel's. My daily commute has signal drop out at exactly the same points on the journey. This is a problem with the transmission. If I lived in these areas I would not be happy. DAB in this country still has a way to go but investment seems to have stopped.

Yeah those splitters with power work just as well as any DAB ariel,,only drops in odd places for a couple of seconds where I live.

i have an amplified dab aerial in my car and even that has drop outs in certain areas, near the hospital countryside roads etc. cant complain though as its normally pretty good with a lot of choice.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club