Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Juddering Wiper And Rainex

TitaniumWhite

I have noticed the driver-side wiper juddering at the bottom of the windscreen when being used. The screen is clean and so are the wipers. It's only just started doing this and I haven't done anything out of the ordinary or used any new products on the screen itself. Anyone else experience the same? I don't really want to replace the wipers already, as the car is only three months old...but if push come to shove, I will get some Bosch replacements.

Also, is Rain.X worth using on the windows?

Clean the windscreen and the Wiper Blades may be some muck off the road,

Definitely recommend Rain-X I use it all year round.

• Like 2

I find RainX to wear off rather fast.

I prefer Ceramic/nano sealants/coatings.

Specifically Gtechniq & Carbon collective's offerings.

Yorkshiredetailing will soon be releasing a windscreen sealant too. It'll be cheaper than you think..

• Like 1

I have had wiper judder since the car was new. Reported it at the 1000 mile check-up and they said there was nothing wrong with them! They must have checked it by squirting washer fluid on the screen, in my experience the soapy mixture stops the wipers juddering but the effect doesn't last long. I couldn't stand it any longer so bought some Bosch wipers. This was a big improvement and as time has gone by it has improved further although they now squeak. I was wondering if there was something on the windscreen from the manufacturing or assembly process or maybe what the garage used to clean the car prior to delivery. Hopefully it will improve.

• Like 1

I have had wiper judder since the car was new. Reported it at the 1000 mile check-up and they said there was nothing wrong with them! They must have checked it by squirting washer fluid on the screen, in my experience the soapy mixture stops the wipers juddering but the effect doesn't last long. I couldn't stand it any longer so bought some Bosch wipers. This was a big improvement and as time has gone by it has improved further although they now squeak. I was wondering if there was something on the windscreen from the manufacturing or assembly process or maybe what the garage used to clean the car prior to delivery. Hopefully it will improve.

What screen wash do you use?

Try sonax High concentrate. Make sure you clean the wipers too

Smells like apples and its amazing. Wax safe as well

500ml does 5litres. £3 from cleanyourride

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Windscreen and wipers are definitely clean. I use a bog-standard screen wash from Halfords, so I will try the Sonax product, if that doesn't help, then Bosch wipers it is. I thought the Rainex was a little too inexpensive to be effective long-term, I will check-out the Gtechniq & Carbon products.

Thanks guys. :)

• Like 1

Try cleaning the blades and screen with a cloth soaked in malt vinegar. Has fixed a few of my juddery wipers over the years.

• Like 1

Sometimes I find with rainex type products that unless it's pouring then there will be juddering from the wipers as mine aren't happy unless there is sufficent water to keep them happy

With rain X and similar you don't use your wipers unless it's severe rain/weather.. That's the idea

Less wiper usage. I've never had any problems using Bosch Aero wipers & Gtechniq's offering.

Carbon collective Glass causes slight judder when freshly applied but once it's had some Sun and rain it settles down

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

The rubber on the wiper blade go hard just try ford ones always work for me

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club