• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 puma17

puma17

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Ford Model: puma 1.7
Posted 14 September 2009 - 08:41 AM

A couple of things i could do with some help with. I have had a ford puma for about a year now. From time to time when in gear moving when i put my foot down a little the engine will rev and not give me any increased power to the wheels. Its not something that happens all the time, i can go a month without it happening then it will start again and may last a day or a week. The drive when puling away seems ok, maybe the clutch is on the way out a little. The second thing is the heater, it has a mind of its own. I can have the heater turned off and still get red hot air out of the system. When i start the car in the morning the heater will work fine, once i have turned the car off when i return to it and drive away the heater will have developted a mind of its own for the rest of the day. Evan with all the switches turned off the heat coming out of the dash is like a hair dryer on hot blow. Any ideas... Appart from the above great car. Why did Ford ever stop making it ????

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 mintalkin

mintalkin

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,457 posts
  • Name: mintalkin
  • Ford Model: mondeo tdci 130
  • Year: 2006

Posted 14 September 2009 - 03:17 PM

the only reason the engin revs will rise without drive is down to a clutch problem, slipping will start to show itself in the higher gears first. the heater problem could be the heater controlle valve playing up.

#3 fester59

fester59

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Ford Model: Mondeo ST 24
Posted 10 January 2010 - 05:20 PM

A couple of things i could do with some help with. I have had a ford puma for about a year now. From time to time when in gear moving when i put my foot down a little the engine will rev and not give me any increased power to the wheels. Its not something that happens all the time, i can go a month without it happening then it will start again and may last a day or a week. The drive when puling away seems ok, maybe the clutch is on the way out a little. The second thing is the heater, it has a mind of its own. I can have the heater turned off and still get red hot air out of the system. When i start the car in the morning the heater will work fine, once i have turned the car off when i return to it and drive away the heater will have developted a mind of its own for the rest of the day. Evan with all the switches turned off the heat coming out of the dash is like a hair dryer on hot blow. Any ideas... Appart from the above great car. Why did Ford ever stop making it ????

Because they ran out of Fiesta parts to build them :lol:

#4 hotrodspike

hotrodspike

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Ford Model: Puma 1.7
Posted 12 January 2010 - 10:25 PM

The line which was being used to make the Puma was needed for the new Fiesta, and Yamaha's contract with Ford to build the 1.7 engine had come to an end.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users