Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Heated Rear Window

StanH

Only the top several inches of the rear window demists, not touching the rest at all. This suggests a break on possibly a vertical element but the edges are hidden under some trim.

Two questions please

If I remove the trim will the elements then be visible, and is there any particular way to remove the trim?

Thanks

The trim just pulls off. Start with the top bit then the sides. I don't think you'll be able to see any more. Can you not see from the outside?

I have a dented tailgate I'm getting rid of. The heated rear screen was working when it was on my car. Let me know if you want it.

Thanks Dan, I will just have to take a chance and remove the trim. Unfortunately you can't see from the outside because it is obscured by some black stuff.

Changing the whole screen seems a bit drastic when I am convinced it is probably only one break in the element, but thanks anyway

Stan

I have just been looking at removing the trim, and "just pulls off" is a bit of an understatement. I have managed to separate the top side of the centre panel but the other side of this centre panel seems reluctant to let go - do I just have to brutalise it off hoping it doesn't break?

You can remove the rear boot panel first theres a few torque screws holding it on then you'll get better access to the trim panels but they do just pull off

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club