Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Are You Running?

jmurray01

In terms of operating system?

I'm on Windows Vista Business for the desktop PC and Windows 7 Home Premium and Professional respectively for the Acer Aspire 5349 and HP ProBook 4515s.

Oh, and my mobile phone (Nokia Lumia 610) is running Windows Phone 7.8.

Yep, I'm a Microsoft fan! Never owned an Apple/Macintosh device and never will. Well, unless it was free or so cheap I could buy and make a profit selling on.

Windows 10 x64 on my laptop and gaming PC, win 7 x64 on media PC, 3x android tablets and 2x Samsung note 3 phones. Not a Mac fan either yet my kids are, obviously they earn more than I do to be able to get into being ripped off by apple.

im running skint,until end of the month :lol:

still on win 7 on the hp lappy.keep getting the pop up to upgrade but i think ill wait untill everyone is happy with it.

andriod on my Samsung s5,

i too detest apple son no 2 is a huge fan so persuaded his mum to get an iPhone.

im running skint,until end of the month :lol:

still on win 7 on the hp lappy.keep getting the pop up to upgrade but i think ill wait untill everyone is happy with it.

andriod on my samsung s5,

i too detest apple son no 2 is a huge fan so persuaded his mum to get an iphone.

I've already been paid this past Friday and am back to being skint again in two days. Still, at least the bills are paid.

• Like 1

Windows 10 x64 on my laptop and gaming PC, win 7 x64 on media PC, 3x android tablets and 2x Samsung note 3 phones. Not a Mac fan either yet my kids are, obviously they earn more than I do to be able to get into being ripped off by apple.

If I had a few computers running Windows 7 I would upgrade one of them to 10 to see what it is like first hand, but as I only have my laptop (the Acer) and my mother's (HP) I don't want to risk not liking it and then I've only got one other PC running 7. Yeah I could revert back to 7, but downgrading often causes issues.

Windows Xp and Windows 10 on a dual boot PC, windows vista on laptop, ios7 on my phone 4, iOS 4 on an iPod and iOS 9 on the iPad air. Only got the phone and iPad as I got them on a special offer through my sons work.

Windows 7 on both PC and Laptop, Android Lollipop on both my Samsung Galaxy S6 and Tab S2.

Glad to be shot of apple now!

Windows 10 64bit on desktop PC. HP AIO 23"

Windows 7 32bit on my diagnostics laptop. mainly used for diagnostics

Asus tablet running Android 4.2.2 mainly used these days as a truck sat nav running IGO Truck.

HTC One M9 running Android version 5.1

Also run VM's on my PC comprising of:

Mac OSX

Ubuntu

Windows 7

Windows 8.1

And Windows 10

And any others I get time to play with or mess around with.

Win 10 64 bit on gaming laptop, Win 7 64 bit Home Premium on gaming PC (plus XP Professional within VMWare Player for non Win 7/Win 10 64 bit system compatible software), Lollipop on galaxy S5 and Galaxy Tab 2.

Windows 7 on both PC and Laptop, Android Lollipop on both my Samsung Galaxy S6 and Tab S2.

Glad to be shot of apple now!

Oh I bet you are! I'm one better though as I never had to suffer them to begin with :lol:

Are you not tempted to upgrade your PC or laptop to Windows 10? I'm not saying you should be as I'm not either, but just interested as to what your reasons are for not doing so.

I'm holding off converting my PC to Win10 as it's not compatible with my home cctv monitoring system unless I run it via VMWare which has limited storage space and doesn't seem to like detecting external/network drives or linking to a network printer.

• Like 1

I'm running Windows 8 64bit on the workstation.

Within Windows 8 I'm running VMware which is home to a 64 but Windows 7 machine & 32bit Windows XP black

• Like 1

Win 10 64 bit on all PCs, except learning one in garage (2 kids are home schooled so that is the IT dept) various laptops and PCs in varying states of repair which will be Ubuntu and 7. I have a geriatric laptop on XP for nostalgic old games.

Currently switching phones and have a expiring contract on lumia 520 (Windows 8.1 Denim) and a new Lumia 640 on the same, which will be on 10 when released.

Sent via the 'Clacks'

GNU STP

Windows 10 x64 Home Premium on my personal laptop

Windows 7 x64 Enterprise on my work machine

Windows 8? on my Lumia 635 work mobile

Cynanogen "TIMUR" USB ROM on my dash droid

Android 4.4.2 on my personal Nexus 7

Android 4.4.2 on my Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini personal mobile

Android 4.2.2 on my spare mobile (Lenovo L900)

Windows 10 pro x64 on 2 HDD's ( spare hard drive and main one )

Lollipop 5.1.1 on moto g3

XP on old dell 610 for car stuff.

Windows 8.1 on "gaming" PC, and Win 7 on "gaming" laptop (gaming is in quotes because not much gaming happens on them these days - are there actually any PC games worth playing like there were 5-10 years ago?)

Android 4.4.4 on my Moto E, should be upgradeable to 5.1 ish at some point, if that will fit on the tiny amount of storage the phone has.

Win 7 on work PC and Windows Server 2012 R2 on a VM where most of the work is done. I've heard we're getting new laptops at work soon so hopefully they will have Win 10.

I've been thinking about trying Win 10 on my PC but I don't really see there being a huge benefit to it. I've never had a problem with 8.1 because I don't use Metro except for the Netflix app if that counts.

Win 10 Pro x64 on gaming PC

Win 10 Pro x64 on work PC (benefits of being the IT admin :D )

SBS 2011 on the work server

Android 5.0.2 on my Xperia Z3+, waiting for the 5.1 update (then 6.0 hopefully).

Windows Embedded Automotive on my Focus

Windows 7. I refuse to leave it! Windows 10 just has too many problems when it comes to games i've heard.

Windows 7. I refuse to leave it! Windows 10 just has too many problems when it comes to games i've heard.

I can't say I blame you. Win 7 was and still is a great OS. In the past I would be tempted to move to a new OS to get a new version of DirectX, but I don't think that's much of an issue these days, not like the difference between DX 9 and 10, where you couldn't even run some games without upgrading your OS.

DX12 is a massive benefit when games come out supporting it.

You'll want Win 10 then...

^ Yes you're probably right, but I'm still using a GTX 660 so wouldn't see any benefit unless I upgrade that. I could probably do with more RAM too, only have 8 GB but some games might need more than that. But all the money goes on the car these days lol.

^ Yes you're probably right, but I'm still using a GTX 660 so wouldn't see any benefit unless I upgrade that. I could probably do with more RAM too, only have 8 GB but some games might need more than that. But all the money goes on the car these days lol.

Your card is supported:

http://www.geforce.com/hardware/technology/dx12/supported-gpus?field_gpu_type_value=All&page=2

DX12 is a free performance boost :)

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club