Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ka Heaters Not Working

kenclarke

My daughters heaters have stopped working on her 2003 KA. The top hose is getting hot from thermostat housing and both hoses too and bottom to heater valve also getting hot. I'm thinking it could have an airlock and need bleeding but if this were case would only one of hoses be getting hot.

Thanks

Sorry I should've given a bit more info. Blowers are working fine on all speeds, they're just blowing cold air even when car is upto temperature

Sounds like you do have a blockage in either the heat matrix or one of the pipes.

I would drain and flush the system - i just did mine yesterday - very easy!

I also finally found a place where I can find info on the Streetka for repairs - already learned a whole lot of info on my nightmare car.

http://workshop-manuals.com/ford/streetka_2003.5_01.2003-07.2005/mechanical_repairs/4_electrical/419_electronic_feature_group/419-01b_anti-theft_passive/description_and_operation/diagnosis_and_testing/general_procedures/key_programming_using_diagnostic_equipment/

Its most likely the Heater Control Valve. Its a common issue and these cost around £40 to replace. If you look where the pipes run from the thermostat, one smallish pipe runs to the bulkhead. There is another similar pipe next to it coming out. These are attached to the HCV along with an electrical connector. The piston inside gets stuck either in the hot or cold position. In your case it has probably stuck in the cold position stopping the coolant flowing to the heater matrix.

These take about 20 minutes to replace.

I had just the same on our steetka - it was the heater valve - got an `updated/high quality` one off eBay - they`ve sold hundreds! Now it`s perfect. It`s a bit tight under the scuttle & I don`t like those horrible spring hose clips but it went OK. I`d recommend you have a pair of very long nosed pliers about a foot long, to reposition them. You don`t lose much coolant. You`ll probably disturb the plastic clip into the rain channel, so ease it out of the way & re-seal it when you put it back with a bit of silicoine. (great idea - clip an electrical component into the bottom of a rain channel...)

Good luck.

I would agree with the others - most likely to be heater control valve. I wouldn't waste my time or money with a copy part, go for the Ford part. I've fitted both, and the copies tend not to last too long, if they work at all! I got lucky with the last one I fitted - it was a damaged box item from amazon warehouse - around £30.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club