Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Has Anyone Ordered Glasses Online Before?

laumk7

I had my eye test and ordered some new glasses from the opticians (£489! But they were gucci), and as my prescription has changed slightly I want some new sunnies as well.

I've ordered some raybans from glasses direct and I'm not sure if it's too good to be true - £152 Inc frames and tints!

Has anyone ordered online and can they share any tips or experiences?

£489????

You should have gone to Specsavers!

• Like 1

I wouldn't touch specsavers, I used to use them years ago but they A scarred my eyes using a wrong type contact lens and B were forever putting my prescription up. As soon as I changed back to D&A they put my prescription down again:o

I use either boots (bought out D&A a few years ago now) or vision express, the above was vision express :)

£489 on a pair of glasses, you need your head looking at not your eyes lol

• Like 3

£489 on a pair of glasses, you need your head looking at not your eyes lol

Why? How much do you think designer prescription glasses cost? And Is there really any need to be insulting?

I had a frame less set of police branded glasses a few years back cost about the same, current set own branded as couldn't find a thing I liked were nearly £300

It's not like my eye glasses are a luxury I could live without for goodness sake?! :rolleyes:

Why? How much do you think designer prescription glasses cost? And Is there really any need to be insulting?

I had a frame less set of police branded glasses a few years back cost about the same, current set own branded as couldn't find a thing I liked were nearly £300

It's not like my eye glasses are a luxury I could live without for goodness sake?! :rolleyes:

Oh for goodness sake it was a bit of humour, obviously you have had a sense of humour bypass.

I wear glasses myself and don't buy the cheapest but if you want to pay ridiculous money for some designer glasses just to be trendy then that is your choice.

I've just paid £125 for a "designer" pair of glasses along with a 50% off voucher from the last pair I bought, I just don't see the point in paying nearly £500 for a pair of glasses just because they have a name on them.

As long as you are happy with them that is all that matters, take things with a pinch of salt in future.

In fact I was having a discussion with someone the other day about glasses. How much the lenses and the frames actually cost is nothing compared to the price they sell them for, so you are paying for a name the same as anything that is branded with a name.

Anyway take it as it was meant as a bit of fun.

• Like 2

Oh for goodness sake it was a bit of humour, obviously you have had a sense of humour bypass.

I wear glasses myself and don't buy the cheapest but if you want to pay ridiculous money for some designer glasses just to be trendy then that is your choice.

I've just paid £125 for a "designer" pair of glasses along with a 50% off voucher from the last pair I bought, I just don't see the point in paying nearly £500 for a pair of glasses just because they have a name on them.

As long as you are happy with them that is all that matters, take things with a pinch of salt in future.

In fact I was having a discussion with someone the other day about glasses. How much the lenses and the frames actually cost is nothing compared to the price they sell them for, so you are paying for a name the same as anything that is branded with a name.

Anyway take it as it was meant as a bit of fun.

Oh always the same excuse... it was meant in jest..it was meant in fun etc. horse droppings is what I say to that!

My lenses alone cost more than your so called designer pair. So I really doubt what you're saying there, unless like my op they weren't bought from a high street opticians , either that or well there's that horse again. ...

Think calm thoughts please guys'n'gals.

I am calm. I just don't take kindly to being insulted on a thread started over a different matter to what I'm being insulted for

To quote the infamous phrase : Ecky Feck ! :)

I suggest a couple of calming deep breaths and then everyone agrees to disagree.

Well I'm sorry for trying to have a laugh. We will leave it at that.

• Like 4

Well went back to the opticians today and changed my lenses from varifocals to ordinary distance specs and had nearly 150 to spend on a second pair of 'spares' :mrgreen:

• Like 1

No way should designer glasses cost more than £250. Brother ordered pairs online and alls been good. Just get your prescription from opticians and order away.

• Like 1

Picked up my new glasses today and I'm dead impressed, speed of service was unbelievable considering I only ordered one pair yesterday. Gucci and Radley specs, still waiting for the Ray-bans :mrgreen:

I used Glasses direct previously, however, my lenses are too strong a prescription to be processed online anymore :( it was so much cheaper than the high street, and the specs where excellent quality to say the least!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club