Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auto Gearbox. Whats The Difference Between M And S?

Focu5

Hi,

I noticed in a another 1.6 automatic Focus like mine (same age, same trim level - Zetec). That as well as the usual P,R,N,D They had a selection next to the gear shift that said M - I'm guessing for Manual. Mine says S - I'm guessing for Sport? What's the difference? Surely both shift up when you nudge it to + and down when you nudge it to -.

No difference i guess Sport sounds bettter than Manual.

on my 56 Focus it was M the 59 plate S so i wager they changed it late 2009 (got my 59 in December)

• Like 1

Cool thanks for that. I didn't think there was any difference in real terms but thought I'd check. Do you have a button in the top right of the gear stick base? I've got one of those blanking things there and wondered what it was.

To do with getting the lever out of Park in an emergency (I'll have to RFTM to recall how(

there is a small square of plastic above the selector you need to pull that off and pull the emergency lever...

as for the S, I believe that is for select - where you can then select the gears manually...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club