Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk3 Mondeo 2.0 Tddi Loss Of Power

aaron1989

hi i have a annoying problem with my car, i recently took it to get the starter motor changed and on the way up there it was driving normal,, it has always sufferd from a bit of black smoke but it pulled well,, anyway after getting it back from the garage it feels like the turbo is not working,, steep hills ill have to do in 2nd with foot down,, motorway driving is slow to build up to speed and then when in 5th if theres a slight hill speed will slowly drop,, pulling away from junctions and roundabouts is a nightmare,, any clues or what to look at first will be much appreciated, thanks

check the big air intake pipe at he front of the car just under the radiator it

goes to the intercooler sometime its left off

I take it is a Mondeo as your profile says fiesta

Hello Aaron. Similar to the above really. The wife just bought a Seat Alhambra with 'Known' Turbo problem. After a bit of time wasting (and money wasting) we eventually found the vacuum pipe to the turbo was off/split. Had it repaired/replaced and bobs your uncle a completely different animal. So if you have no warning lights on or anything like that, then definitely worth a look. Now I come to think of it, our Mondeo had a similar problem...with a very loud 'whooshing' noise that seemed to blow up the windscreen, and that was just a main top hose on the engine had come adrift!!

Hope this helps...

Chris

Hi Aaron. Possibly. I never did see the hose on our Mondeo, because it had come adrift as opposed to split, so the mechanic simply re-secured it and hey presto.

Sorry I can't be much more help than that.

Chris

cheers im going to have a look at all the pipes and ill post back, thanks

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club