AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tdci stevie

illuminus dye coming from down near air con pump

4 posts in this topic

Right problem is slight leak on a friends focus 1.6 zetec, theres air con dye dripping not fast - say every 2-3 days leaves little patch on driveway size of a 50 pence coin....

The air con works 100% ice cold.....

Someone suggested to her the air con pump is knackered (dodgy garage) if it was pump leaking wouldnt it affect performance....?

Also ive heard of a stop leak like the radweld anyone used this before....?

Any suggestions on where i should be looking will be most appreciated ;)

with the dye in the system you should be able to pinpoint exactly where the leak is coming from, i have seen the stop leak products but have heard a lot of bad reports on there performance in the end its your choice if you try one, halfords and many other companies sell them.

may just be the aircon pipe needing a new o ring dont use the radweld type stuff trust me i work for an aircon repairer and it will knacker the pump so dont do it get it checked and fixed before you end up with a mega bill

Inspected it thorughly up on ramps other day and it seems the be seaping from pump/compressor... Is this an expensive fix or could you replace one from breakers...?