Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Alloy Locking Nut Help

Kazzi

Hey everyone, I bet this is going to sound stupid and easily fixed however I really am no petrol head and dont have much of a clue about how to fix even basic car problems :S. I have a ford fiesta zetec S and have a puncture and a slow puncture on drivers side. I bought the car with what i guess are the standard alloys however ive moved house twice since buying it and totally lost the key thing :S Im not a member of AA or anything and Im a student but have my house and stuff so pretty skint a lot of the time. I just want to get the bad puncture wheel off and put my spare on and then blow up the slow puncture to get to the garage and get new tyres on my car. Is there a way to buy a new key or something? I have attached a photo of the wheel hoping that one of you guys/girls will be knowledgeable enough to advise me what to do :S Id really appreciate any advice as my wee fiesta has sat there for over 2 weeks already and buses destroy my soul :( lol Its a 58 plate fiesta zetec s in case that helps :)

post-69104-0-59857900-1443997035_thumb.j

post-69104-0-28137300-1443997053_thumb.j

Youve 3 MAIN routes to go down.(there are others)

1.) Try find out the serial number of your locking wheel nuts and order a replacement key.

2.) Get a mobile car locksmith/trailer it to a garage and pass them a couple of pounds for them to break the wheel nut off

3.) Buy/borrow a few different keys and hope you get lucky.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Hey Kieran thanks for replying :) Do you hve any advice on how to try find the serial number? Is eBay the best place to try the buy and hope approach? I dont know anyone with a trailer but I will start looking for someone who could come out and help. I cant believe i lost the key i didnt even realise how important this was. Lesson learned .

The serial number is written on the key [emoji14], its something worth making a note of

If you're lucky, you could contact Ford of the maker of the wheel nuts and send them a high quality picture of the wheel nut, a picture of the car including the reg, picture of the vin number, a picture of the V5 then they May send you a replacement for a fee

If you were a bit closer to me (I'm in Fife) I would have removed it for you.

Can I give you a bit of advice? :lol: don't keep the locking wheel nut key in the house, it ain't handy when you need it :lol:

• Like 1

I removed a full set on the car when I bought in in about 30mins with an impact driver, some bolt extractors and a big hammer..

• Like 1

You may find the locknut code in with your handbook (if you have one).

It's on a piece of card with the words 'Key Code Card' written on it and instructions for use and how to get a replacement key.

Some Ford dealers have a master set but not guaranteed (even if they have a set they may or may not charge for the service depending on how nice you are to them).

• Like 2

Ive luckily went through friends on facebook sending them a message and my mate is a mechanic has some tool kit which can get it off aparently - Yaaaay! Got in trouble for no asking him sooner lolol Thank you both so much! It was in my car - honestly - till my boyfriend cleaned everything out of it for a nice suprise for me and I genuinely have no idea where it went from then lolol Hopefully thats it sorted!! Lesson learned and I will laugh about it soon I guess :P

• Like 2

Hopefully something like a Dynomec kit, straight forward to remove pretty much any locking nut.

Glad you got it covered now

best think for your mechanic mate on facebook to do is ask him to remove all 4 locking wheel nuts and buy a new set from either the dealer or a car spare shop usually cost £20 from a car spares shop

Marshy thats a plan! Lol :) Thank you all and thanks for not ripping me as can happen in a lot of forums when newbies ask daft questions ;)

• Like 1

Marshy thats a plan! Lol :) Thank you all and thanks for not ripping me as can happen in a lot of forums when newbies ask daft questions ;)

There's still time yet if you want :lol:

On a serious note, this is one of the friendliest car forums you are likely to come across.

• Like 3

Well said could not agree more

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club