Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brakes Smell after journeys

FezzaT

evening all, quick question, not sure if this is just the brakes still bedding in or whatever, but I notice after my normal journeys, commuting etc, that as I step out of the car I sometimes get a whiff of the brakes, similar to when you've been driving really hard - not as bad as that but still noticable. Is this normal? Just the brakes bedding in?

I've not noticed this on mine so far, haven't been doing any hard breaking on any twistys or anything yet though, still bedding it all in.

I've not noticed this on mine so far, haven't been doing any hard breaking on any twistys or anything yet though, still bedding it all in.

Oh OK, seems normal then. still bedding in I guess, only done 400 miles. Thanks

Oh OK, seems normal then. still bedding in I guess, only done 400 miles. Thanks

brake discs and pads generally only take a couple of hundred miles to bed in properly. i would just keep an eye on it and if it persists take it back to ford.

evening all, quick question, not sure if this is just the brakes still bedding in or whatever, but I notice after my normal journeys, commuting etc, that as I step out of the car I sometimes get a whiff of the brakes, similar to when you've been driving really hard - not as bad as that but still noticable. Is this normal? Just the brakes bedding in?

:blink:

Just keep your eye on things as it might be a sticky caliper (s) which may be binding the brakes on slightly all the time...just a thought :(

hmmmm, may get it checked out. Although I don't think there is a problem - both front wheels would smell the same and feel as warm as eachother so surely that wouldn't be the case unless both brakes had a problem!

hmmmm, may get it checked out. Although I don't think there is a problem - both front wheels would smell the same and feel as warm as eachother so surely that wouldn't be the case unless both brakes had a problem!

it may well be the case that there is nothing wrong at all but brakes are like your best friend, you miss them most when they aint there! im sure an expert opinion will soon put your mind at ease

are you sure the smell is from the brakes and not just a hot engine smell?

it may well be the case that there is nothing wrong at all but brakes are like your best friend, you miss them most when they aint there! im sure an expert opinion will soon put your mind at ease

are you sure the smell is from the brakes and not just a hot engine smell?

definitely a brake smell, hasn't seemed as bad last few days - hopefully I'm just imagining it!!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club