Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gear Change 2012 1.6tdci

itsrelfy

Hi all

Don't know if anyone can help me but I'm sure I have a problem with the gear change in my car. First thing I should say is that all the gears work and they slot in nice and easily. This is more about the feel and the strength of the clutch.

A year ago I had the clutch changed under warranty by ford because my car clunks when changing gear and it squealed when pulling away up hill. so it has a relatively new clutch but I now have a 1.6 tdci focus as a hire care for two days and it's apparent that the feel of the clutch is so much more positive.

With my car you really have to rev it and pull the clutch in slowly to get any thing like a smooth pull away with this one you can just go without thinking too much about it.

But my clutch just don't feel that strong. For example if you really want to pull away with gusto you just can't in my car whereas with this car you can spin the wheels up and all sorts.

So if I have a year old clutch. Is there anything else hat could be at fault. Like master or slave cylinders?

I will probably take it to ford but they just say it works ok. And now the car is 5 months out of warranty.

So if anyone has any thoughts or experienced this could you please tell me what you think.

Many thanks

Adrian.