Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Odd Rubbing Through Accelerator

Kye

A 2010 2.0 TDCi Focus.

Here is an odd one. The issue as resolved it's self, but I'm baffled at what may have caused it.

I got the car serviced yesterday. The oil and filter done (done several times already without issues), whatever else and the fuel filter.

It was a 10 mile drive back from the garage to home without issue. The car was parked on a pavement with the left side up on the pavement.

I drove the car for a short run that evening and that is where the rubbing/ knocking feeling on the accelerator started. The car started and idled as it should do and there was no rubbing on the brake or clutch. Upon pulling away and accelerating, the accelerator had said experience. Which is very odd to me as there is no direct link to the engine apart from the cable (which I'm not sure it has).

The car was left alone for 90 minutes at my destination before I came back home. Same thing again on the throttle.

I parked the car on the curb in the same manner again. Popped the bonnet, couldn't see nothing, had a poke about and found nothing loose (apart from a rubber pipe along the firewall behind the block (need to look into that)).

Started the car again, moved it forwards and backwards a few feet a couple of times, took it around the block. Only to have the issue disappear! Very very odd!

I can only thing that there may have been some air caught in the fuel line with the filter change?

Anyone got any other ideas??

The accelerator pedal is fly by wire there is no mechanical action. A signal is sent from the pedal potentiometer to the engine ECU to control fuelling and injector duration. Unless the 2.0 diesel is a much older engine AFAIK. Most diesels are fly by wire these days probably even a lot of petrol cars are also fuelled in the same way.

Last time with this one, if you have an oil change then strange noise its the crank sensor, been disturbed.

Last time with this one, if you have an oil change then strange noise its the crank sensor, been disturbed.

That doesn't sound like much good can come of it. I've not noticed any ill effects though. I'll not worry about it for the moment.

Thank you for the replies, folks. :)

It wants doing will conk out on you, crank sensor rubbing on pulley is very bad. It's obviously loose, it can wear the teeth on the pulley which if not fixed soon will need replacing as well as sensor.

Any idea where it is on a 2.0 TDCi? I'll have a look later.

Think there all in the same place, hard to see without been on a ramp and distance needs to be set. Honesty it's not really do able without ramps. Mine was 1.8 tdci so maybe it's something else, but it's just to the side of oil filter and the wire is even closer , oil drops on them making it loose and slightest touch they move.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club