Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pipe Can Someone Identify This Please

clair9kids

Hi all

Ive been having a little problem in my ford focus 1.6 2009 model recently

the car is running fine untill you go to overtake by accelerating then all of a sudden engine malfunction pops up on dashboard

when the car is turned off for 5 minutes its running fine again

been having a look around the pipework today and found this piece of hose which is split can someone explain or identify this piece of pipe and what it does and would this be causing the engine malfunction light to come on,as i think it goes to the turbo somethink like a turbo hose ?

ive included a picture hope someone can help me being a female lol

many thanks clair

post-69183-0-59216800-1444252283_thumb.j

That is the turbo inter cooler pipe I would imagine you will be getting smoke as well. It will also be down on power. You need to replace it ASAP.

Not intercooler pipe, thats air intake pipe, fits between airfilter housing and turbo intake , will let you know tommorow how much they are from ford.

• Like 1

Not intercooler pipe, thats air intake pipe, fits between airfilter housing and turbo intake , will let you know tommorow how much they are from ford.

thankyou

would that cause the engine malfunction light to come on or would they be something else thats causing it

Oopsie yes sorry it is the air filter to turbo pipe. Was posting quickly between work.

• Like 1

Yep! Turbo boost pipe, NEEDS replacing NOW, this damage is caused by a bad mechanic stressing the pipe during the slightly awkward airbox removal needed during a oil filter change!

Fix asap to avoid financial pain! Get a new mechanic!

The plastic bit which clips that end of the pipe onto the engine block seem to snap easily - mine is currently held on using cable ties. I've never seen one with the end nearly torn off though, someone must have pulled and twisted that really hard for it to happen!

I don't know if its possible to buy just the plastic end bit which is held to the rest of the pipe with a metal band or jubilee clip.

The plastic bit which clips that end of the pipe onto the engine block seem to snap easily - mine is currently held on using cable ties. I've never seen one with the end nearly torn off though, someone must have pulled and twisted that really hard for it to happen!

I don't know if its possible to buy just the plastic end bit which is held to the rest of the pipe with a metal band or jubilee clip.

thanks yes i was just hoping to buy the small rubber part but looks like you need to buy the whole thing

Its not a turbo boost pipe either, the eBay item you linked to is for earlier 1.6 , depending on when the build date is on your, that pipe is for build date up to jan 08, so assuming yours is 2009 then it wont fit. Has yours got round or square air filter? Seen pipes deterioate there before, combination of breather residue and being rough when doing oil filter.

Comes with maf sensor housing the later one, £133 !!!!

Its not a turbo boost pipe either, the ebay item you linked to is for earlier 1.6 , depending on when the build date is on your, that pipe is for build date up to jan 08, so assuming yours is 2009 then it wont fit. Has yours got round or square air filter? Seen pipes deterioate there before, combination of breather residue and being rough when doing oil filter.

Hi

yes mine is the big round air filter

thanks

yes just doubled checked on my car def looks the wrong one must keep looking

thanks

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club