Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Transmission Malfunction - Not Sure Where To Turn

TangoRed

Hi Folks

I'm really hoping some of you have some words of wisdom.

I have a 2007 C-max 2.0 Petrol Automatic, i believe it has the 4F27E transmission. I bought it 18 months ago from a local Hyundai dealer who had taken it as a trade in.

The Problem

It came up with transmission error a few times and seemed hesitant to go into 4th Gear then when it was in 4th it revved quite a bit at low speed, maybe 4000 rpm. I took it to the garage i bought it from who plugged their reader in and said they couldnt tell what the fault was based on the codes it was showing, they cleared the codes and said that if they come back take it to the local ford dealer. Same problem over the next few days so took it to ford.

Ford said there were no codes and when they test dove it there were no problems. Picked it up and took it for a drive, came on 3 times in 20 minutes. Ford looked at it again and said the codes stored dont tell them what the problem is, they wont open an automatic gearbox they would only remove it and send it away to the nearest trasmission shop 180 miles away at what they said was Big Money before it was even looked at. They had no advice on what to do.

I still have 18 months HP to pay on it, does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in Advance.

It's not the cvt gearbox is it? This one suffered huge problems and fords don't have the parts to fix it

have you checked the fuse? I had this issue, when I had some small piece of metal must have been shorting the fuseboard in place of a fuse. I had this error and realised no fuse existed, put a new one in, and heard something clink as it fell, then it all worked ok.

• 3 years later...

ford focus  2010 auto    l have a pro     transmission malfunction  

its show on p  park    so plz  tell me any one who knows

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club