Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Grinding Noise (Slight) from Rear Drums

JonZS

Right then guys, done approx 4.5k on the clock and noticed a few weeks back that the read drums were making a slight noise when braking (approx 15mph downwards)

Anyway, it was starting to do my head in and I was worried about long term damage to shoes/drum etc so booked it in with Ford last Friday.

They opened up the drums and cleared them out putting it down to brake dust. few days and 150 miles later same again, took it in this morning and they have said the same again.

Questions

1. Anyone else had similar symptoms?

2. Technician thinks that the drums aren't correctly vented (By Design)

3. I suggested that I may write to Ford to see if anyone else has suffered similar symptoms - good idea?

Thanks

Yeah mine make that noise too more so in certain situations than others, in fact my Merc used to make it quite badly but I put that down to being a heavier car (4x4) and when braking on a slight down incline they would grind like anything, do think its down to brake dust building up.

It's a shame Ford didn't go with all-round discs on the Fiesta. Not only would that have meant better stopping in all weathers/conditions - but it would have meant this thread would not have even been started!

My current-car-until-my-Fiesta-gets-delivered-whenever-that-may-be is a Citroen C2 1.6 VTR which has all-round discs & I know 100% for certain that my Fiesta will not have anywhere near the superb braking that the C2 has...which is a shame.

If Citroen can do it in a much-cheaper little C2 - then why can't Ford...in a much-more-expensive Fiesta Titanium?

Ive been frustrated by this for years and guess what happened today - I heard a slight noise AGAIN! 1 day after the brakes had been cleaned up. This is becoming a joke now!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club