Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Engine Wont Start!!!

fastmadness15

Hi guys.

I have had an engine changed on my focus 1.6tdci 05 when it decided to blow on me returning from a business trip on the motorway.

It was blowing out white smoke, engine wouldnt rev past 2500rpm and the engine would bounce all over the place which sounded like a misfire in one or more cylinders.

Anyway since then the engine has been changed still the same engine code but from an older model 54 plate c-max with low mileage 50k.

Got the engine fitted it cranked started then shut straight off.

Ive checked all fuses in and outside the car, checked injectors, fuel filter and fuel lines checked for trapped air but fuel is coming into the injectors and engine, crank and cam sensor, cambelt and water pump changed, oil topped up.

Checked with scanner found code which i cant remember to do with high fuel pressure. But engines are identical but ive realised the high pressure pump are different which sits behind the engine near the cambelt.

Are they swappable and if they are not how can i sort resolve the high fuel pressure problem

Thanks.

Hi guys.

I have had an engine changed on my focus 1.6tdci 05 when it decided to blow on me returning from a business trip on the motorway.

It was blowing out white smoke, engine wouldnt rev past 2500rpm and the engine would bounce all over the place which sounded like a misfire in one or more cylinders.

Anyway since then the engine has been changed still the same engine code but from an older model 54 plate c-max with low mileage 50k.

Got the engine fitted it cranked started then shut straight off.

Ive checked all fuses in and outside the car, checked injectors, fuel filter and fuel lines checked for trapped air but fuel is coming into the injectors and engine, crank and cam sensor, cambelt and water pump changed, oil topped up.

Checked with scanner found code which i cant remember to do with high fuel pressure. But engines are identical but ive realised the high pressure pump are different which sits behind the engine near the cambelt.

Are they swappable and if they are not how can i sort resolve the high fuel pressure problem

Thanks.

has this got anything to do with injector coding perhaps?

The fault code you found would be useful in determining the issue

Are all the earths in place correctly reason I say is had a similar prob on a Clio dci would crank but not fire put a earth from battery to block and it fired up no probs high fuel pressure could be the injectors not opening

The fault code you found would be useful in determining the issue

error code p1181-61 fuel delivery system too high.

Are all the earths in place correctly reason I say is had a similar prob on a Clio dci would crank but not fire put a earth from battery to block and it fired up no probs high fuel pressure could be the injectors not opening

I've checked all the earths 3/4 times. Injectors seem to be working because I tested them out of the car. Could they be out of sync maybe and require re-coding they are Bosch injectors i've read that they don't need re-coding. The engine thats being swapped over is a C-max 1.6 tdci 54 plate if thats any help.

P 1181 is often associated with a fuel pressure regulator fault

The 1.6 TDCI injectors do need coding in with Ford IDS so that is a possibility that wont help as the correction factors will be for the C-max they came out of and it's PCM not your PCM.

But yes high fuel pressure it deffo a problem, that could be down to the injector coding i.e the injector duration and fuel delivery causing high fuel pressure hence the no start.

That is a guess though.