Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rear Knuckle Bush ???

chris f

Can anyone please help, was told by ford that my rear knuckle bushes are beginning to show ware and crack. They then informed me that they would be happy to replace them at a cost of about £800 :ph34r:

I have attached a photo that they sent to me, I was wondering at this cost is it a total suspension drop and if so would it pay to get the ford accessory lowering springs fitted while it was all down?

Also is this a common fault?

If it is not a full suspension drop can you do the job at home?

thank you for any help in advance.

Chrispost-8891-0-43155600-1444492774_thumb.jp

• 2 weeks later...

Just done mine bud absolute !Removed! to do,need a special tool to get em in or in my case a hammer and a vice lol.....took best part of a day tho

UPDATE

Was at local ford garage with work car and i asked about the cost agin, they said that they now have a special tool so only bushes changed and nothing from suspension removed to carry out the job.

I booked in had bushes done, air con drained cleaned debugged and re-gas and also the break fluid changed. they had the car from 07:30 they called at 10:30 to tell me i can collect the car.

The total cost for all jobs (to lazy to find paperwork and list separately) £333.64 I thought for ford main dealer this was a very good price as was quoted £79 on service just for air con.

I use my local ford dealership live Herts Beds Bucks borders, I ride the magic roundabout daily

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club