Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pipe Help Asap!

footfistart

Hello there this is my run around car and yesterday it started smoking in the way home. So I nursed it home and waited for engine to cool down so could see what was going on. The item in question has fallen from wherever and touched the lambda sensor causing it to melt and now the car is no longer drivable.

From what I can see is a pipe from the brake reservoir? And it runs across the engine bay and then runs down the left side of the engine bay to what I can only assume is the brake servo which is under the ecu.

I cannot for the life of me find the pipe I need. I went to Ford with pictures and they couldn't help me.

Can someone please tell me what the pipe is called, what it does and where can I get a replacement.

Car is due mot very soon which it won't make so this needs doing.

Also a part number would be amazing.

Here are the pictures for the pipework and where it runs.

The car is a 2003 Ford fiesta mk6 1.4 automatic.

post-27911-0-47554300-1444498024_thumb.j

post-27911-0-34832200-1444498053_thumb.j

post-27911-0-07312200-1444498094_thumb.j

post-27911-0-34617400-1444498165_thumb.j

post-27911-0-49265700-1444498200_thumb.j

post-27911-0-91422500-1444498236_thumb.j

Many Thanks

Ryan

Looks like on picture 3 the part number is on the black connector? And I think it looks like the actual pedal cable, or its the cable that runs to the gearbox that sensors when your braking therefore knowing when to change gear. Hopefully that helps

I used that number at Ford and it doesn't exist. Apparently all p/ns are printed on the piping but from what I can see and rummage about I can't see one without stripping it apart. I don't want to do that as I don't what how the system works.

So I'm not sure if it's a different set up to the manual version.

I don't know if the system shares other systems.

Many Thanks

Ryan

if your refering to the pipe that connects to the white plastic reservoir then thats the clutch fluid pipe, when you say fiesta auto, im assuming its the manual box with auto clutch operation. if thats the case the brake fluid reservior supplys fluid to the auto clutch unit which is attached to outside of gearbox.

if you can wait till monday i will see if i can find the part number for you.

just had another look at last photo and can see the mechanism that operates the gearchange and clutch unit so im right.

I have no idea how these auto boxes work. I thought they were torque converters.

I can wait until Monday. I just need that pipe off the bottle. It's quite long though. Would it help if I took better pictures to help.

Would the clutch have to be bled then.

Is there somewhere where I can read up on how it works?

Sorry for aaki g questions.

Ryan

when you say the car is not driveable, is it just because the pipe has melted or does the autobox not operate?

i should be able to find the part from the photos ok.

not sure where you find general info on your auto box

It's undrivable because the pipe has melted and the fear of loosing more fluid. Well I don't want to break the car as its belongs to my wife.

Thanks for tpurbhelp in the mean time.

Ryan

As said above that pipe is a supply line to the hydraulic clutch.

I wouldn't drive the car as hydraulic fluid (brake fluid) is leaking onto a heat shield and it can ignite should that heat shield get hot enough its like diesel in that once it starts burning its hard to put it out.

Oh right ok then. I'm not going to drive it until it's fixed.

I can't find anywhere that has this pipe. everything but which is annoying.

Where will you get part number from?

1360274 is the ford number, get your dealer to check that number against your car reg, tell them its under powertrain/clutch master cyl/clutch pipes asm(auto shift manual)

• Like 1

Just got off the phone to Ford and they said that that number you gave me doesn't exist or go towards any other fiesta where its manual, auto, petrol or diesel.

Where did you get that number from?

I thinkin may have to go down the road of performance silicone hoses if I can't get hold of one.

Many Thanks for your help.

Ryan

Got it off ford ecat, the system ford dealers should be using, ive just our parts guy to check and its the latest number and can get one from ford in 5 days.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello there.

Sorry I haven't rep,iced. Life has been getting in the way.

Can you message me with the details I need that exact pipe work I need.

Again sorry for very long delay.

All the best Ryan.

Pipe ordered Ian!!

Price was bit steep but as they don't make them and no one breaking any cars I had no choice. But as least it will be brand new.

Just over £46 for it and will be here in about a week also.

Brakes need replacing so I'll bleed brakes as I don't think they have ever been done since they are a it spongy.

Now can someone tell me if I'll need to bleed the clutch on this?

I'm not too sure if the clutch and brakes are shared on this system.

The car being an automatic makes matters a it more different so I don't know if the gear box will need to relearn as well if you get me?

Many thanks.

Ryan

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club