Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Creaking Turning Right

soulman123

2004 focus 1.8

Basically every time to turn the steering wheel right be it round abouts .. right turns etc so e loudly creaks.

Its coming fro the rear. I toom it to the grage and he could only replicte it rocki g my car by the door which i wasnt too happy about.

Pushing down on the boot didnt make the noise interestingly.

He said its definitey the suspension, amd thought it was the banana looking suspension bit .. sprayed it with silicone spray i think it was took it for a drive and still did it.

Said he was sure it was it but couldnt explain why the spray didnt temporarily stop it.

He said its not dangerous or an mot fail just annoying.

Not convinced its this as the spray didnt work altjough may e it didnt get in to the bush well enough.

Are there any common faults with this symptom ? Creaky on right turns.

Thanks ☺

Sounds like ware and tare of the suspension.First thing I would look at is the anti roll bar.

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

Dry rubber mount at the top of the 'shock'

Spryed the rubber at the top of the shock with plenty of spray not sure it was fully covered but the noise was slightly less. Possible i imgined it lol when you listen so hard.

I sprayed the ball bearing parts of the links aswell no change.

I wonder if i should remove them and check for play.

Both sides were changed for ruocarpart ones qdrive. Been changed twice in 4 years. Guess i should just buy ford ones.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club