Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Leaking Windscreen Washer Bottle

del6600

Hi,

Hope someone can help, My wife's KA has a water leak on the bottom of the windscreen washer bottle.

I need to get it out and replaced.

The problem is how do I get it out?

I did go to a garage and they quoted £150 + vat + parts, this seems a bit of a ripe off so here I am.

Most jobs around the cars I can do but I cannot find a way into getting this bottle out?

The Ka is a 54 reg collection.

Any help please?

Del.

top view there is a bolt to remove and you need to remove the innrer wheel arch to gain access to the remainder of the bolts to remove

Hi Delboy,

I will give it a go in the morning, thank you.

Del

Hi delboy,

Unfortunately I never got chance to look at today, got called away. Thanks for the reply, this one is in the bulk head. Not sure where the bulk head plate is as there seems to be a lot of pipes and cables.

Am I looking for screws to remove the bulk head plate?

As far as I can tell the morning is clear so will have a good look then.

Del

if you look where the bottle cap is its surrounded by a grill. thats the bulk head that you need to remove. its usually screws or bolts or rivets that you may have to drill out then use self tapper to refit it or new rivets if you have them. it maybe a mixture of screws and rivets.

£150 what a con!

Blummin eck I knew I should have become a garage owner instead of an unemployed IT Engineer.

Harrumph!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Today I found time to have a look. To get at the windscreen washer bottle I had to remove the windscreen wipers, the plastic windscreen trim, the bulk head trim and finally the windscreen wiper assembly mechanism. The bottle is held in place by 1 screw and a push off fixing on the wiper assembly no rivets or drilling.

What a shock to find years of leaves, twigs and lots of other rubbish stuck under the bottle. Needless to say they were very wet, an ideal place for rust to start, luckily no rust in sight but if left...

I managed to get a replacement bottle from a local ford garage. The cost was a staggering £35.00 for the plastic, this did not include the pump or the yellow cap! Both of these are ok on the old bottle so no need to replace.

All I have to do now is refit and hopefully job done. I am sure Ford could have found an easier to get at place to fit a very simple part,

Guess they do not won't people like me doing the work. Saving £125!!!

Thank you to those of you who replied.

Omedata, I refused to pay that amount of money, their loss. You should find loads of work if you are an IT engineer. I am also in IT (self employed) and find it difficult to find enough time to do anything. Windows 10 keeping me flat out.

Job done all working, New bottle and new wipper blades all I need now is a new car.

Thank you.

• 1 year later...

Oh dear, this is the new mission for me :D

I just have to manage to buy a new bottle first....