Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I Could Do With An Armrest... Any Recommendations?

Cookey09

Alright guys and girls, just a quick one, I've seen things dotted round about people retrofitting armrests... I could do with one myself, I've found myself having my arm rested on top of protein shakers that I leave in the cup holders... They're not the comfiest of things and could do with something a little more plush!

Any recommendations? Any pointers?

Thanks in advance. Cookey.

Armster make quality armrests for the Fiesta MK 7 / 7.5

• Like 1

Love that.. Thanks for reply mate, I'll have a look into it!👍🏻

• Like 1

Just get a centre console off eBay with the arm rest, couple on there at the moment, you can't beat OEM. My mk6 sport van had a flimsy vacuum formed thing, did the job ok but not as nice as the one in my new van.

As above full centre console on eBay I have changed 3 now so much better and looks the part

post-61623-0-71926000-1444723896_thumb.j

• Like 1

As above full centre console on ebay I have changed 3 now so much better and looks the part

Been on eBay, centre console £135.00, Armster armrests, £87.00.

Surely the centre console will be harder to fit? Don't get me wrong, I don't mind fitting it, but would avoid it if there is another option because I won't want to get it wrong, I mean it looks to be a straight take off and put on job... But still...

Keep look on eBay I've bought 3 all for 75 quid also the cup holders light up and the hav a extra power socket on the rear, and it's not that hard to fit. And the armster is good but I've heard of people saying it gets in the way of the hanbrake and you have to screw it in on the old centre console so not as sturdy. But the armster would be a simple fit

post-61623-0-95813400-1444725207_thumb.j

• Like 1

how hard is it to retrofit the oem one into the zetec? As there are electricals involved does it take much or is it plug and go?

• Like 1

Plug and go mate if u get 1 and get stuck pm me I tell u how to do it step by step

• Like 1

Plug and go mate if u get 1 and get stuck pm me I tell u how to do it step by step

Decent that, thanks mate, wouldn't fancy setting up a guide on "how-to" would you?😉

• Like 1

Is the wiring for the extra 12v socket already there or do you have to add the wiring?

Wires already there a plug is just sitting there waiting to be connected

• 2 months later...

Alright guys and girls, just a quick one, I've seen things dotted round about people retrofitting armrests... I could do with one myself, I've found myself having my arm rested on top of protein shakers that I leave in the cup holders... They're not the comfiest of things and could do with something a little more plush!

Any recommendations? Any pointers?

Thanks in advance. Cookey.

Did you decide on which you were going for? Picking my MK7 up in the morning and looking to do exactly the same. Had an MK7 for company car a few month ago and feel it lacked an arm rest for my longer drives!

Liking the look of the full centre console but I would feel guilty in pulling out the centre console of my current car with it being new (well, 6k miles!!)

Did you decide on which you were going for? Picking my MK7 up in the morning and looking to do exactly the same. Had an MK7 for company car a few month ago and feel it lacked an arm rest for my longer drives!

Liking the look of the full centre console but I would feel guilty in pulling out the centre console of my current car with it being new (well, 6k miles!!)

No I haven't mate. Not decided at all. I got so close to the idea of having a centre console from eBay. But the it had already been sold. I really do fancy one that's OEM. There is one on fordpartsuk that has caught my eye 😏 An armrest is on my Christmas list 😉 but it's the case of which one. I know Mikeyd1 fitted an OEM to his and he says it's simple enough... Really fancy one. Just not had time to get into it... And I know what you mean about pulling out the centre console already in. But I guess once it's done. It's done? You'll not regret it? Bet you can't wait to pick your car up! Mines only got 8.5k on it from new last year so not too bad, but like you, wouldn't want to rip the current one out... Dilemma. But it'll get done sooner or later. I reckon I will go for an OEM one from eBay or Fordpartsuk buddy.

post-62772-0-80286200-1450393213_thumb.j

But for the price. You could pick up an OEM one from eBay maybe cheaper...

I have wondered about one too, but wouldn't want it to intrude on the handbrake / gearstick with general comfort and access. I feel like I actually rest my left arm on the seat (advantages of the sports seats!) when I drive and I don't know actually whether an armrest would be more comfy. I'd have to try one first, I think!

• Like 1

I do that too, the passenger seat is jut as comfy, and like you mate, I would have try one, maybe live with one for the day at least?

Yeah, I think so! Try it for a day, do some short runs and a longer run and see how it is.

Mind you, I must have lesser demands when it comes to comfort; I find my 17" alloys fine on most roads for comfort, yet I've seen others say how uncomfortable those (and sometimes 16”) are...

I find the OEM armrest that is built into the centre console to be a bit short, it might just be my seat position, but I doubt that as I am 6' and have the seat quite far back. It just feels like you have to make a conscious effort to put your arm on it rather than it just being there if that makes sense. My elbow kind of rests on it more than anything else. Decent bit of storage in it though, will be keeping a phone cable and 12v charger in there when I get one, maybe a micro fibre cloth etc.

• Like 1

The one thing I've not been impressed with on the Fiesta is the armrest, it's not long enough or fitted to the chair. So me being 5 foot 10 inches I can just about get my elbow on it but my wife who has to have the seat much further forward (5 foot 3 inches) can't even get close to resting her arm on the arm rest. It should really be attached to the chair so it moves with the driver if it can't be much longer like in modern saloons.

• Like 2

The one thing I've not been impressed with on the Fiesta is the armrest, it's not long enough or fitted to the chair. So me being 5 foot 10 inches I can just about get my elbow on it but my wife who has to have the seat much further forward (5 foot 3 inches) can't even get close to resting her arm on the arm rest. It should really be attached to the chair so it moves with the driver if it can't be much longer like in modern saloons.

I totally agree, the one in my Audi saloon was perfect, but the interior was a totally different layout. The armrest is too short and too far back in my opinion. At the very least the top would need to be extendable for it to be useful as an armrest. Useful for storage but not really as an armrest.

• Like 1

Brilliant thanks guys, decided not going to get one, as easy as they are to fit. I don't want the hassle and then it turn out its not as good as I thought it would be... And for £75... 😕 just going to stick with the passenger seat and protein shakes, as comfy as anything else going 😉

Brilliant thanks guys, decided not going to get one, as easy as they are to fit. I don't want the hassle and then it turn out its not as good as I thought it would be... And for £75... 😕 just going to stick with the passenger seat and protein shakes, as comfy as anything else going 😉

I'd probably test drive one with an armrest or have a sit in one (if you know anyone with one) and put the seat in your comfortable driving position and see if the armrest is comfortable enough to use but if your 5 foot 8 inches or under your not likely to be able to use it comfortably.

I'm 5 10 and use mine a lot but I do have long arms tho lol but could not live without it now and has extra 12v socket at the back and large storage. I paid 75 for it and thinks it's worth every penny.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club