43 replies to this topic

#31 meddyliol

meddyliol

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec 1.4i

Posted 18 September 2009 - 07:09 AM

My local dealer maintains that it is impossible to see these strips? and also impossible to fit after the car has left the factory. If anyone knows any different to this please let us know. I am having front mudflaps fitted on Monday at a cost of 47.70.

Brian

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#32 MichellefromEssex

MichellefromEssex

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • Ford Model: Zetec S Mountune
Posted 18 September 2009 - 08:53 AM

When I say 10 months without a stone chip - I mean in the place youve been discussing, Ive had one on the front low bumper - luckily max was able to sort it - tip is to drop colour matched pain into the chip using a needle! think ive just been lucky though my car on 6500 miles now so not excessive use for the age.

#33 NathanS

NathanS

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.4 Titanium (Vision Blue)
Posted 18 September 2009 - 09:04 AM

My local dealer maintains that it is impossible to see these strips? and also impossible to fit after the car has left the factory. If anyone knows any different to this please let us know. I am having front mudflaps fitted on Monday at a cost of 47.70.

Brian

I'm going to see my dealer tomorrow so I'll let you know what they say, have you tried contacting Ford UK or Ford Europe about the issue?

#34 studly

studly

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  • Name: s
  • Ford Model: Crumpled DS3
  • Year: 2011

Posted 18 September 2009 - 04:25 PM

My dealer is doing a full set of mudflaps fitted for 65 untill the end of this month, i was tempted but on inspection i have no stone chips in the area in question. Maybe i've been lucky but the only chips i've had is one on the lower edge of the front bumper and one small chip on the passenger side door edge which was my sister's fault anyway (the dozy bint knocked it against a concrete gate pillar at her house).

#35 meddyliol

meddyliol

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 07:14 AM

My dealer is doing a full set of mudflaps fitted for 65 untill the end of this month, i was tempted but on inspection i have no stone chips in the area in question. Maybe i've been lucky but the only chips i've had is one on the lower edge of the front bumper and one small chip on the passenger side door edge which was my sister's fault anyway (the dozy bint knocked it against a concrete gate pillar at her house).

Where in the UK is your dealer? It might be worth going there to get my flaps cheaper.

Brian

#36 NathanS

NathanS

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.4 Titanium (Vision Blue)
Posted 19 September 2009 - 09:28 AM

Just back from my dealers (went to get some glue residue removed from the car) and mentioned the stone chips. The chap said he wasn't aware of the issue but would look into it for me. He did say that Ford did something similar for the Ford Ka a few years ago. When I hear more I'll let you all know!

#37 studly

studly

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 12:15 PM

Where in the UK is your dealer? It might be worth going there to get my flaps cheaper.

Brian

My dealer is bristol street ford in crewe, cheshire.....if your in dorset then i would say it's quite far to travel vs any saving's.

#38 Silent Shark

Silent Shark

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.6 Titanium 3dr (not pictured)
Posted 19 September 2009 - 12:55 PM

My dealer is bristol street ford in crewe, cheshire.....if your in dorset then i would say it's quite far to travel vs any saving's.

As is mine...

Are you the guy in the Vision Blue Fiesta I see in Nantwich occasionally...?

#39 poohbear

poohbear

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,003 posts
  • Ford Model: MK7 Fiesta 1.25 Zetec
Posted 19 September 2009 - 02:49 PM

I have a stone chip on the back of my car and have emailed my dealer about it now I've seen this. Mine has completely taken the paint off which I thought was quite unusual.
Hope it doesn't hail bad...the car will be spotty:D

#40 studly

studly

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 02:53 PM

As is mine...

Are you the guy in the Vision Blue Fiesta I see in Nantwich occasionally...?

I'm usually only in nantwich when i'm heading to sainsbury's or heading to a friends house but my guess it could be someone else ;) ....mine has team dynamics alloys which were salvaged from a friend's mazda 2 which he wrote off.

I have a stone chip on the back of my car and have emailed my dealer about it now I've seen this. Mine has completely taken the paint off which I thought was quite unusual.
Hope it doesn't hail bad...the car will be spotty:D

Modern automotive paint's are pant's so it's no surprise to be honest...

#41 meddyliol

meddyliol

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 08:02 AM

After being quoted 47.70 for front mud flaps I had them fitted yesterday (Monday). When it came to paying (after their fitting time had expanded from 30 minutes to an hour), the bloke said 68.40 please. At this I went ballistic and informed him that I was quoted 47.70. He maintained that it was 68.40 so I suggested that he removed the flaps. He then did some fiddling about with his computer, all the time complaining that it wasn't working properly. He eventually got the price to 46.55 which was lower than my original quote. What the hell is going on with Ford?
Anyway, I now have front mud flaps which will hopefully solve the problem with stone chips.

Brian :huh:

#42 Bashful

Bashful

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 837 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Titanium 1l 125ps ecoboost
  • Year: 2013
Posted 22 September 2009 - 08:52 PM

I bought a full set of official Ford mud flaps from fleabay for around 49 and my bf fitted them - he said it was fairly easy. The dealer wanted around 95 to supply and fit them.

#43 Fi.Es.Ta

Fi.Es.Ta

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta WS CL

Posted 23 September 2009 - 10:09 AM

Can we have some pics of these mud flaps fitted please?

#44 wealdman

wealdman

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.6 Ti VCT Titanium
Posted 23 September 2009 - 10:33 AM

Can we have some pics of these mud flaps fitted please?

They go best with Sea Grey!

Posted Image

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users