Do Not Sell My Personal Information

No Turbo Boost When Accelerating

Robbiejc843

I have just replaced the Turbo cartridge and vane assy on my 2005 1.6 TDCi. The vanes had clogged up and a couple decided to let go and destroy the turbine. After replacing I still have no power when accelerating. When I got back I checked that the vacuum was applied to the turbo, which it was indicated by the vane lever/actuator in the down position, however when I got someone to increase the revs past 2000 there was no movement on the actuator. I have removed the turbo and checked that the actuator and vanes were not sticking. The actuator and vanes moved freely. I have also cleared the fault codes in the PCM, some relating to Turbo underboost during acceleration. Do I need to check the Turbo boost solenoid valve? If so how do I do that. Do I need to check any more hoses, as the only thing that was disconnected during the turbo removal/fit was the vacuum hose to the actuator?

Any Help on this matter would be greatly apprieciated.

Regards

Rob

Don't know how I've done it, but I've just refitted the Turbo (Took about an hour, so watch out for garage labour fees) left it to idle for about 20 mins, took it for a lesuirely drive and could feel the turbo kicking in at about 2000 rpm. So then I took it down the dual carriageway and it performed well.

The time taken to remove and refit the turbo would have taken me 3 hrs max and that is with basic tools. If you can do it yourself then do it, It has only cost me about £160 for a new cartridge and enhanced variable nozzle ring. If you've got the 753420 garrett turbo and need to replace the variable nozzle ring go for and enhanced one and not the !Removed! thing that destroyed my turbine when it got slightly coked up.

After seeing the amount of crap the engine produces I shall be going and getting it Terracleaned. I had this done on my old Fiesta 1.4 TDCi and it worked a treat.

If anyone has other thing to mention regarding this post the please post a reply to keep the knowledge going.

You may be wise to consider blanking the EGRV after terracleaning as this will help prolong the life of the engine & new turbo

• Like 1

Also proper diesel additives such as ARCHOIL or ATOMEX will help keep the engine running sweeter

• 2 weeks later...

I've got the same problem. No boost and revs to only 3k, no fault code no engine light, new egr recently. I have the electronic actuator how do I know it's up or down? Or in and out. I have 2.0tdci.

UPDATE:

I fixed the problem, it was the fuel pressure sensor, one of the wires had snapped, corroded. Got a sensor from the breakers and soldered, heat wrapped and now the car runs like a dream.

post-43799-0-80171700-1445809642_thumb.j

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club