Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk3 Instrument Cluster Swap

iantt

Just thought I would mention a quick mod to those with small monochrome display in instrument cluster.

Just swapped in a larger tft cluster, plug and play apart from writing in my higher current mileage. Doing that next.

post-59356-144472990786_thumb.jpg

post-59356-144472993253_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

no PATS stuff on the mk3? that is pretty good

On the MK3 the PATS system is integrated into the PCM and the BCM. The instrument cluster of the MK3 is not a part of the PATS system and can be changed without any problem.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for your advise wilko, seems to work fine, mileage next to do later today

This is something I am keen to do but thought it wasn't a straight swop. So you didn't have to change any settings with Focccus?

How do you intend to correct the mileage?

Theres a rewrite feature on foccus software, also supposed to update the config back up from body control module , but not essential to do that,

The mileage of the new instrument cluster can be changed upwards using the Ford IDS system. It is not possible to change the mileage downwards using the IDS system.

The FoCCCus software can also change the mileage but only if the mileage of the new instrument cluster is below 1000 KM. Above 1000 KM it is not possible to change the mileage using the FoCCCus software.

The Russian UCDS diagnostic system does also have the ability to change the mileage (both upwards and downwards). This is a paid feature of this system.

• Like 2

I know, put the right mileage in, does that for some reason

• Like 1

its nice to know even in the digital era , old skool arthur daley speedo clocking is alive and well..........

;-)

• Like 1

I was honest and did rewrite the mileage, I could have just left it or put any mileage in. Lol

Hi

really fancy doing this mod, but can't seem to find the part online. Any tips where to get it and roughly how much

cheers

Looks like theres basically 2 versions, petrol and diesel.

I've got a diesel. The ones on eBay all look the small display at the moment. Will keep an eye out for the larger display.

Technically all European Focus MK3 instrument clusters are compatible. There are only differences between Petrol or Diesel and KM/H or MPH.

MK3.5 Instrument clusters have different firmware which is not fully compatible with the MK3. A Focus MK3.5 instrument cluster can be used on a MK3 but only after the firmware has been downgraded to MK3 firmware. This is officially not supported by Ford and I suspect that no Ford dealer will do this.

The USA MK3 instrument clusters are also not fully compatible with the European MK3. A USA Focus MK3 instrument cluster can be used on A European MK3 but again only after the correct European firmware has been installed.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I've see a speedo on eBay for my Zetec s which has the older screen, I really like the tft monitor as the display. How do I go about getting the correct software to change the mileage on the speedo. Are there any issues and problems doing this process

Ford ids diagnostics only to rewrite cluster to correct milage, but you need to ensure the new cluster going in is lower milage than original

Fitted 5in sat nav display in(from eBay , ranger2012) and updated cluster to latest level and cluster display has changed, for the better, differnt colours. Shown older version colour to see what I mean

Screen looks smaller in latest version but it isnt, just the distance from camera

post-59356-144595885337_thumb.jpg

post-59356-14459588816_thumb.jpg

post-59356-144595900646_thumb.jpg

Sorry to ask another daft question, but how do i purchase ford ids, if the rest is plug and play that will be very helpful.

Is there a free version or a paid one.

Also is there a guide to removing and fitting the speedo

if all you want is to have ids for a rewrite of milage then a trip to your ford dealer to get them to do it, only takes 15mins.

As for speedo removal its quite simple, just 2 screws from what I remember, not got photos of how to .

Not removed speedo but just removed steering wheeel cowl so you can see how easy it is. 2 screws holding speedo in place , only thing you need then is a thin piece of plastic to slide between top of speedo housing and dash in the centre, that releases a clip. Suppose I should have videoed doing it, oh well. Lol

post-59356-144596353948_thumb.jpg

post-59356-14459635867_thumb.jpg

post-59356-144596362754_thumb.jpg

post-59356-144596365932_thumb.jpg

post-59356-144596368855_thumb.jpg

post-59356-144596384484_thumb.jpg

• Like 1