Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Servicing Options/software Updates ?

winemart2

Hi all, my Tit comes up for its 1st service next month. Are there any s/w updates for a Nov 2014 Fiesta Tit ecoboost 125? If not I can presumably use a non-Ford dealer ?

Cheers.

You can use ETIS, to see if there are any outstanding field service actions.

Otherwise even a Ford dealer will not update the software unless it is to fix a problem.

Just make sure that genuine parts are used to maintain the warranty and everything Ford says needs changing is changed.

Unless your going to save a lot I'd use a Ford dealer - for the sake of £50 or so is it really worth it? - if anything goes wrong in the next year you'll have a much better chance of getting it sorted by a Ford dealer.

Plus 1 years free roadside assistance.

That's only on cars over 4 years old.

http://www.ford.co.uk/OwnerServices/VehicleServiceandRepair/ServicePromotions/RoadsideAssistance

*Ford Roadside Assistance is only available with Ford Scheduled Services and Ford Motorcraft 4+ Minor and Major Services. Ford Roadside Assistance applies to all vehicles regardless of age or mileage, excludes fleet vehicles and is valid from the date of service until the next service is due. Includes European service for Roadside Assistance and Repair and towing to a Ford dealer - see terms and conditions for countries covered. Ford Roadside Assistance applies to the serviced vehicle only.

We got free A.A. assistance on both our 2014 Mondeo TXS & our ex 2013 Fiesta ST 2 on their first services - so it's not for cars four years or older & I'm assured by my Fraud stealer that it'll apply when I take the Focus for it's first service

Hmm, okay.

The brochure my mum got last week said it was for cars 49 months and older...

Maybe it varies by dealer.

Nationwide , all dealers should offer it at all services regardless of age

• Like 1

I was going to have a chat with them about it next time I was there anyway, so will see what they say.

It's stated as a fact on Fords website BUT it does say at '' participating dealers '' so not every dealer may offer this

I need a rebate then, the AA covers all that for me ;)

Some chance.

Cheers guys, maybe i'll use a Fraud Stealer this time.

Should I mention my dicky steering wheel volume buttons when I book a service or is that a separate visit?

I'd mention it. No reason they can't look at the same time.

Only thing is it might delay when they can do the service.

This may be a daft question, are new cars covered by roadside assistance? If yes, how do you know that you've got it?

This may be a daft question, are new cars covered by roadside assistance? If yes, how do you know that you've got it?

Yes - should be in the documents you got with the car

Personally I go to rapid fit for my service it's a approved Ford garage and plus it's right behind Ford Evans halshaw still get the stamp...... Evans halshaw garage is usually empty they send all there cars to rapid fit and if the Ford police cars are coming to rapid fit and also Ford themselves for the services what that tell you?

They do the exact same thing as Ford in a service they check what's on the pc to do and do it

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/66013-saving-money-on-services-dont-get-ripped/

:)

Fraud own Rapid Fit as far as I'm aware

• Like 1

Paid £140 for my ST first service after originally being quoted £280 by a main dealer.

They didn't like me in Perrys so I'm surprised I got anywhere with them seeing as i'd put a deposit down and then withdrew it 12 months earlier.

I can confirm that Ford main dealer service does come with Ford Assistance. That said, you have to ask for it as they will not offer it to you on a silver platter. Costs the company £5 per person they give cover too but saves us a good few bob!

Well worth it IMO, but just tell the dealer you've been given price X by another dealer and can they match it - most are normally very willing!

Fraud own Rapid Fit as far as I'm aware

A think it changed but as rapid fit are now called tyre kings

• Like 1

Three years breakdown & recovery is included when you buy a new ford, but may be subject to having it serviced at a ford main dealer. That's why some ford dealerships only offer it from year 4 if you have the car serviced by them.

What do you get to say that you you're originally covered when buying a new Ford? I've always had something in the past which looks like a credit card but never had a new Ford for a long time so can't remember what I should have.

Interestingly when I bought my fiesta from a fraud stealer (just under 1 year old) it had just been serviced and the dealer said that it meant that it came with assistance.

However I have nothing in writing, when I queried this and asked how I could use the service the dealer said if anything happens just phone the freephone number on the service book.

Has anyone out there received any documentation regarding assistance ?

Spoke to my dealer today about the assistance. They said you get a certificate for the 12months entitlement.

• Like 3

Had my Fiesta into a main dealer yesterday for the second service and was given a list showing what to do if the car breaks down and whats included in the cover.Never had to ask for it

Second service carried out three weeks ago at Ford dealer, assistance cover certificate arrived in the post two days after the service.

Same procedure happened after the first service.

Easiest way to check if your vehicle is covered is to give the Ford Assistance number a call and ask them to verify that your registration number is on their system.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club