Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Fuel Pump - Black Edition, 3500 Miles

PhDream

Hey guys!

My fuel pump recently started making a constant buzzing noise. I can hear it when the car is in idle, both inside and outside the car. It's the same noise the pump makes when you open the door, that short 1-2 second buzz, when the pump is being primed. Only now it's buzzing all the time.

I visited the mechanic. After listening to it for 5 secs he agreed that it's not normal and they will replace it next week. Fortunately it's an easy job - just lift up the back seats, unscrew the pump, detach wires, put new one in. This is at least what a lot of hours of online research tells me.

The car is brand new, 4 months old, only around 3500 miles on it. Aside from the initial buzz when entering/turning on the ignition, the pump has been quiet.

Anybody with similar experiences? Is this a general Fiesta problem?

• Like 1

unrelated, but you've told me what that whirring noise is when i open the car door. i've got into the drivers seat from the passengers side before (some **** parked waaaaay too close to me) - if i start the car, i guess that's bad?

Hi, yes, I did. I had to get a new fuel pump when the car was only months old and I had done less miles than you.

I still hear it, but it's nothing like it was when it was at it's worst. It was all done under warranty tho so no problem. The mechanic came out for a wee run with me and he agreed that it was too noisy and should be replaced.

• Like 1

Get yourself back to the dealership and tell them you want it fixing under warranty, if there's a problem with it that is

• Like 1

unrelated, but you've told me what that whirring noise is when i open the car door. i've got into the drivers seat from the passengers side before (some **** parked waaaaay too close to me) - if i start the car, i guess that's bad?

If you can hear the pump buzzing after you start the car, then yes, that's bad. Doesn't have to mean that the pump will give up anytime soon, but it's not supposed to be heard during normal car operation.

Hi, yes, I did. I had to get a new fuel pump when the car was only months old and I had done less miles than you.

I still hear it, but it's nothing like it was when it was at it's worst. It was all done under warranty tho so no problem. The mechanic came out for a wee run with me and he agreed that it was too noisy and should be replaced.

Thanks for your reply. I'm glad that somebody else has had the same problem. On the other hand, I'm disappointed to know that Ford has been putting dodgy fuel pumps into cars for at least 2 years. Maybe the percentage of malfunctions is not that great? Maybe most people don't notice the noisy pumps?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club