16 replies to this topic

#16 paulworthing

paulworthing

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,883 posts
  • Ford Model: Titanium S

Posted 18 September 2009 - 10:18 AM

I'm unsure what to make of the chrome. Origianlly I didn't like it, but after having seen a few of the cars on here I think it looks quite good on certain colours. I think the real test will be how the plastic weathers with time. Black plastics can fade and go grey if they are not looked after, but I have no experience of plastic chrome and how it weathers. Real chrome used to oxidise and rust, but I'm not sure about chrome looking plastic. Maybe it will fade to a dead metal colour or start to flake depending on how it is made. Anyone got a better diea of this?

True - although as someone once said to be before my first marriage "you can only do (or get) what you think is right at the time" and I love my car. I honestly think he is one of the best looking cars on the road, certainly in my local area

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 Fraser.

Fraser.

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Ford Model: Mk7 Zetec S Ti-Vct
Posted 18 September 2009 - 10:13 PM

ahhhhhh your a sealent man :lol:

i think my next detail i will give a sealent a try but with the new dodo juice purple haze pro now out its a hard choice :lol:

have u got a DA?

Yep a sealent man for the time being greeny, the fk1000p seemed to get great reviews over on the detailing world forum, and it can be used on wheels so I went for that. Although I can see me going for a wax to try some time soon, I think something about the traditional-ness of wax is hard to resist :lol:

And yeah I do have a DA, I'm new to detailing really so didn't intend to go down the machine route straight away, however I stumbled accross an alternative machine polishers thread over on detailing world, and couldn't resist the 30 MacAllister B&Q clearance DA that was mentioned :lol:

It's an expensive business this detailing lark! Lol

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users