Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk7 Titanium - New Alarm?

Mad85

Hey, I have a 2012 Mk7 Titanium. My car does not have any factory-fitted alarm and would like to know if there are any aftermarket alarm systems which integrate with the car immobiliser (so you can switch it off from the car keys, so it wont require a new remote).

Are they difficult to fit for a diy guy? I have fitted a few parking sensors and parrot hands free systems to my or my friend's cars so I know my way around with a little help from youtube ;)

Doesn't the immobiliser work by the key being in or near the ignition switch? The fob buttons just lock/unlock the doors.

ok, so it should not be a problem to use the car remote for the alarm?

Are you sure you don't have an alarm? - if you press the lock button twice it should deadlock the doors (and on current titaniums they have an alarm as standard.)

"The double lock prevents an intruder from unlocking the doors from the inside, and also includes a Perimeter alarm system."

• Like 1

You should have a perimeter alarm as standard.

There are no interior sensors but if the car detects unauthorised entry it will sound an alarm.

Unless you mean you want a Cat 1 Alarm, with sensors?

My Focus Titanium does have interior sensors and deadlocks but my Fiesta titanium does not :( ... its not a UK Spec - maybe that's why.

Anyway, I would like to install an aftermarket alarm to the Fiesta - any suggestions?

My Focus Titanium does have interior sensors and deadlocks but my Fiesta titanium does not :( ... its not a UK Spec - maybe that's why.

Anyway, I would like to install an aftermarket alarm to the Fiesta - any suggestions?

I have titanium 2011 and don't have sensors but got deadlocks and alarm,tried the bonnet when locked and

inside the car.

Just press the key fob twice and locked the car from inside so cant get out,tried and tested.

I have titanium 2011 and don't have sensors but got deadlocks and alarm,tried the bonnet when locked and

inside the car.

Just press the key fob twice and locked the car from inside so cant get out,tried and tested.

yes, I know how it works but my 2012 doesn't have that feature :(

yes, I know how it works but my 2012 doesn't have that feature :(

Thats strange being a titanium,just tried mine even with no double lock and the alarm goes off.

You tried sitting in the car and locking it as you have no double lock and pop the bonnet.

Opening the door will only turn the alarm off.

Thats strange being a titanium,just tried mine even with no double lock and the alarm goes off.

You tried sitting in the car and locking it as you have no double lock and pop the bonnet.

Opening the door will only turn the alarm off.

It is very easy, only in the UK you get perimeter alarm standard with the Titanium trim level.

Over here in the Netherlands the perimeter alarm option is not even listed as an option. The thatcham alarm, which is standard on the ST model in the UK, is also not listed over here.

The TS mentioned his Fiesta isn't an UK spec Fiesta, so it makes perfectly sense.

That cleared up, the most easy way is to retrofit the perimeter alarm. Install the horn in the boot and the bonnet-catch with sensor, install the wiring and activate it with an IDS computer. I can't help you with info about an after-market alarm.

I see,did think it was a uk-spec and you were in the uk. :)

It is very easy, only in the UK you get perimeter alarm standard with the Titanium trim level.

Over here in the Netherlands the perimeter alarm option is not even listed as an option. The thatcham alarm, which is standard on the ST model in the UK, is also not listed over here.

The TS mentioned his Fiesta isn't an UK spec Fiesta, so it makes perfectly sense.

That cleared up, the most easy way is to retrofit the perimeter alarm. Install the horn in the boot and the bonnet-catch with sensor, install the wiring and activate it with an IDS computer. I can't help you with info about an after-market alarm.

What do you mean retro fit a perimeter alarm? do you mean getting an original from Ford?

Cobra 2 to 1 upgrade cam bus alarm would suit your needs.

As it connects into the cam bus wiring on the car it will arm and dis arm from your original key fob. Find an auto electrician in your area and go from there.

Cobra 2 to 1 upgrade cam bus alarm would suit your needs.

As it connects into the cam bus wiring on the car it will arm and dis arm from your original key fob. Find an auto electrician in your area and go from there.

Also

You will already have an immobiliser on the car even if it was an import the alarm doesn't need to interface with this immobiliser they work separate.

What do you mean retro fit a perimeter alarm? do you mean getting an original from Ford?

Exactly. I retrofitted the Thatcam Cat1 alarm in my MK7,5. This was never an option on the MK7, but the perimeter was.

This alarm only needs two parts, the horn in the boot and a bonnet-catch with sensor. The only tricky part is the replacement of the asbuild file.

Some dealers will help you with this.

thanks a lot for your replies! I am looking at the Cobra 2 to 1 option!

thanks a lot for your replies! I am looking at the Cobra 2 to 1 option!

I have a cat 2-1 alarm fitted to my fez, although the auto electrician modified it so that the alarm cannot be turned off using the key in the door lock, you have to use the remote key or the alarm over-ride fob.

That really is strange , I too have the 2011 Titanium and it came with the Alarm system, don't ask me which one, but it makes a noise when door is opened while activated :blink: double clicking the remote gives me a flash via the indicators, I always do this, you can never be to sure

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club