Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Eco Button And Ambient Light

Bevdiff

Hello,

I bought a titanium 1.0 ecoboost a couple of weeks ago and I'd really appreciate a little help.

The centre console has a button at the bottom marked Eco - I'm assuming this is a petrol saving mode but I can't find a thing about it in the manual or online

My other question is around the cabin ambient lighting which only seems to come on when I get out of the car an di can't seem to find the controls or work it out.

Obviously I'm just missing something straightforward but any pointers would be appreciated,

Cheers!

Ambient lighting can be switched on or off in the vehicle settings menu.

Not sure if the titanium has all the ambient lighting, above glovebox, cup holders, door bins and above the rear view mirror.

As Mark says the Titanium has all the ambient lights but my be switched off. As for the eco button do you have a picture?

Can you post a pic of the eco button?

Edit :

As willy says :)

I'm sure there's no eco mode / button in the titanium

• Like 1

Ahhhhh yes, the button I press EVERY time I start the engine :D

Otherwise, I don't see an eco button.

• Like 1

The centre console has a button at the bottom marked Eco - I'm assuming this is a petrol saving mode but I can't find a thing about it in the manual or online

Is your car an automatic? If so, the usual characteristic is to make the shifting less responsive.

It is the button to turn off the start / stop system. I use it in heavy traffic etc.

The start / stop system reactivates every time you start the car so you have to turn it off each time if required.

They may have changed the name of the button but its the only button on the Titanium in that position.

Look like it Alex. What model is that in mate? I've never seen that, not that I'd use it ;)

• Like 1

It is in the latest Fiesta manual on the Ford website.

Perhaps a new addition for 2016MY, don't know if it is only for autos or manual too?

That is exactly it @Alexp999 - there is absolutely no mention of it in my manual! I felt that the engine performance was different but wasn't sure if I was imagining it. My fiesta is a manual btw.

Thanks all very much for your help!

Bev

Interesting to know it is on manual cars too.

Must be new for the 2016MY and the printed manuals haven't caught up yet.

They should call it the killjoy button, lol.

I stand corrected! :)

Interesting addition.....

a welcome addition to the fiesta. power when you want it economy for when you dont. where abouts is the button as it not listed on the vehicle overview page. i'm assuming it is between the start / stop button and the parking sensor button.

The buttons next to the Auto Start/Stop button under the heating controls and above the heated seat button.

I think the button increases the revs at which the turbo kicks in.

The button is supposed to switch between normal mode and increased MPG.

"Ford EcoSelect
Available on 1.0 EcoBoost 125PS engines, amends engine calibration (Reduced peak power and torque) to optimise fuel economy at the push of a button. Ford maximum torque and throttle response, simply switch back to standard mode."

Activating the ECO mode makes the eco-boost all eco & no BOOST :)

• Like 3

Weird its not in the september 15 brochure too

Jamie

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club