Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Smokey Mondeo

NeilA

I have a 55 plate Mondeo 1.8 tdci titanium. It has started producing lots of black smoke on acceleration and a pale smoke when cruising, it lacks power, at around 40 mph and then at about 70-80 mph it is like driving into a buffeting head wind. I have put Redex and clean drive additives into it and it has made no difference. Any thoughts or ideas I would be very grateful.

• Like 1

Hi welcome :)

sure someone will help

• Like 1

Try the hose that links the egr valve, check for splits. While your at it give the egr valve a good clean.

• Like 1

Hello and welcome along, if you do a lot of short distances/eco driving your EGR might be blocked up, so give it a good thrashing and see if that helps as sometimes that'll clear out the crap, if not replace the EGR. Had the same on my Combo van, booted it and it sorted it(obviously it didn't just cure first time, took a few attempts at long distances. Sort of 10 + miles) Also remember it's a diesel and they burn all so I wouldn't worry about the blue smoke, only if it's petrol I'd worry about that as it means piston rings might be knackered

• Like 1

Not sure if the 1.8 diesel is anything like the 2.0 diesel but I had to thoroughly clean the Egr valve and replace the split hose with a silicon one.

• Like 1

I have a 55 plate Mondeo 1.8 tdci titanium. It has started producing lots of black smoke on acceleration and a pale smoke when cruising, it lacks power, at around 40 mph and then at about 70-80 mph it is like driving into a buffeting head wind. I have put Redex and clean drive additives into it and it has made no difference. Any thoughts or ideas I would be very grateful.

hi Neil. I've just had exactly the same problem. Tried lots of fuel cleaners to no avail. I looked under the bonnet this morning and noticed oily black stuff near the EGR. The inter cooler pipe was split. Got it fitted at my usual Farmers autocare garage and they also did a thorough fuel/emission system clean. It now runs like a dream.
  • Like 1

Thanks fellas ispy checked mine around the EGR valve oily stuff around the boost pipe guess it is split. Just need to get one any ideas.

I had same problem. Split rubber turbo pipe. Common problem. Cost me £25 for the pipe and £25 labour for my mechanic to fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club