Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus Limp Mode

Neilhughes

Please can someone help, I have a focus 1.6 tdci 110 2010 plate

The car has gone into limp mode, and when obd is checked there r no faults found throughout the entire car, it won't go above 3000rpm and can't figure out what it could be without a fault code to be found anywhere in the car

Thanks Neil

What diagnostics has been used to check it for codes?

Unsure sorry was done in a garage, been told codes came up they were cleared but limp mode still active

Sounds like the classic instrument cluster problem.

The Focus MK2/MK2.5 is known to have bad soldering connections on the circuit board of the instrument cluster. These soldering connections become cracked during time which can cause very strange problems. Going into limp mode without any relating DTC codes is one of them.

Yep I would be inclined to agree if there are no other DTC's stored.

Really odd but I've started the car n taken for a short drive and limp mode has gone off, friend plugged into the car, with no saved faults on the car, being told the garage could have pulled a plug or something under the bonnet which could have triggered it, and he checked for light cluster codes as you've mentioned with nothing showing, thanks for the help guys

Did you get the car new? Does it still have the DPF? Some cheap DPF off solutions will just erase the error codes tables. Car can still go into limp mode, but diagnostic is impossible.

Easiest way to check is to disconnect the MAF and check with ELM if any error shows up. If not, error codes table has been cleared.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club