Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Catalytic Converter Replacement - Which Company?

zuzis

Hi everyone,

Does anyone of you have any experience with using catalytic converter replacement for Ford Focus Mk1 1.4L 16v. I found out that threre are few companies that manufacture them, such as: Walker, Bosal, JMJ, Klarius, EEC i BM.

Can anyone of you say anything about the quality of replacements from any of those company?

Zuzis

I always favoured Bosal exhaust parts but I find them hard to come by now. The fitment was always better than Klarius (formerly Timax) and Walker (atleast I think it was Walker my local motor factors used to supply) but usually more expensive.

That said I have fitted many 'cheap' Klarius exhausts in the last few years without too many problems. With anything mass produced there are usually small issues such as hangers not 100% in the same position so require some tweaking or sometimes the diameters of the sleeve joints can be a hit or a miss.

I have 2 mates who own their own stainless steel exhaust manufacture and repair business, so for my own cars I tend to use them. Possibly worthwhile checking if you have anyone local to you who does such service?