Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Project Ka

ryanbob1234

Hi everyone!

I've recently bought a ford ka (2005 1.3) for £50 from my brother in law with the intentions of turning it into a little go cart to go around the track with, the car it self is in decent shape it needs new bumpers as they've seen better days, the interior isn't the best as he's a builder so sadly it's seen its fair share of rubble and dirt. (Not that it matters as I'm pulling it all out any way in the name of weight saving.)

Now I know I'm not going to get much power out of the 1.3 lump but I may well

Go down the puma 1.7 convert road in the new year.

I am in need of some advice, there is something wrong with the clutch in regards of the bite point it's literally 1 inch off the floor and I'm no mechanic in any means but any advice what to start looking at would be amazing!

Thanks in advance!

Tbh if your gonna go the puma route Id just rip all the engine and gearbox out and fabricate in the puma one :) ive seen a lot of them for sale you can get one working for a couple of hundred matey. Also if find an mot failure with loads of rust will have the good engine, gearbox, clutch and wiring looms you'll need and can rip some good parts out to :D

Saul

• Like 1

This is the hopeful plan with the puma just got to wait until the new year.

For the time being I would like to get this engine sorted as its solid apart from the clutch, it drives but it's really hard with the bite being on the floor. 😭

Plus then at least I could sell it as a whole engine clutch gearbox combo when I get the puma! 😀

• Like 1

Tbh then you may have to get a new clutch matey as sounds on the edge of breaking, to get an actual clutch isn't to much bud, if you're proficient with a spanner or three you could do it yourself cheap :)

Saul

Awesome thanks!

Seen clutch kits for decent money so will give it a bash, in the words of clarkson how hard can it be!

• Like 1

Lol love the enthusiasm ;) get a hammer on it it'll be grand :P

Saul