Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1st Damage

Cheeky Daz

I suppose it had to happen at some point but it's always sad when you receive your first bit of damage to your car.

I was sat outside my eldest son's school waiting for him to come out today and a minute or 2 after the kids starting rolling out there was an almighty bang. I had just caught sight of a brick coming hurtling over the fence of the school straight into the windscreen of my car just to the side of the rain sensor. It has put a 12inch crack in the screen which now needs replacing.

I went straight into the school to report it and they were very understanding and have promised me they will be checking the CCTV to see if they can identify the little !Removed! :angry:

GRRRR

That's sad to hear but on the bright side free windscreen replacement.

Yes very true, they are coming out to my work next tuesday to do it. It still annoys me though because at the end of the day somebody still has to foot the bill for the new screen. If I ever caught either of my 2 lads doing something like that i think i'd chop fingers off lol

I can understand your anger ... but, looking on the bright side, at least it was 'clean' damage - in other words, no paintwork or bodywork damage was done. (Little consolation I know, but the repair time should be a lot quicker than it could have been [imagine the carnage if it had bounced off the bonnet] ... you would have had to be without your car for quite a few days if it needed to go to a bodyshop).

Had the screen replaced yesterday by Autoglass. I'm glad the insurance paid this one as the bill was £1064.

How much?

Are they taking the p***?

You could have had a mountune conversion for that!

Frigging hell thats an awful lot for windscreen replacement!!!!! so did you have to pay excess still though? I would be demanding an enquiry at the school tell the little rats that they will have to pay the 1k bill themselves lol.

How much?

Are they taking the p***?

You could have had a mountune conversion for that!

Frigging hell thats an awful lot for windscreen replacement!!!!! so did you have to pay excess still though? I would be demanding an enquiry at the school tell the little rats that they will have to pay the 1k bill themselves lol.

As it's a motability car I didn't have to pay a penny, but the chap left the advice note with me and the price of the job is sitting in the bottom corner. I wonder if the bill gets boosted up when an insurance company are paying.

Mum079.jpg

I would imagine the price is very high for the replacement windscreen because of the heated element inside the glass?

I would imagine the price is very high for the replacement windscreen because of the heated element inside the glass?

Either that or the companies know that most people get it through their insurance companies so they have bumped their prices up accordingly!

just discovered the first bit of damage on my fiesta looks like a trolley dent in the rear wing.

very small but extremely annoying when you find it!!!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club