Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anyone Petrol Remapped?

Jeremyc

Anyone Petrol Remapped? I don't want you telling me it's a bad idea I want to know from people who have done a remap their experience and what they used. I'm leaning towards bluefin remap. Is this wise as I have a green filter and a complete bastuck sports exhaust system?

Petrol cars that are NASP are not great for remapping as the increase is smaller than a turbo engine.

The normal range for a non turbo (Naturally Aspirated) 5-8 HP

Not worth it in my opinion but dont let us stop you

Jamie

• Like 1

Bluefin on my old VW petrol not worth the money to be honest even with an induction kit new manifold sports cat and custom exhaust on a non turbo it really does nothing you dont feel it the cars no quicker the torque increase is tiny

• Like 1

Does every little not help? ;) According to bluefin It would get 9bhp more so works out at about £27 per BHP :angry:

9 bhp will be unnoticeable - any gain less than circa 25bhp with the added commensurate torque is a waste of £

9 bhp will be unnoticeable - any gain less than circa 25bhp with the added commensurate torque is a waste of £

12NM of torque is not noticeable? Would there not be more ponys with my sports exhaust if the 9bhp is with stock exhaust and filter?

+ 12nm is as unnoticeable as + 9bhp would be

Any increase needs to be in the + 20 % to + 25% region to make a noticeable difference

+ 12nm is as unnoticeable as + 9bhp would be

Any increase needs to be in the + 20 % to + 25% region to make a noticeable difference

What about the increase being 9bhp for stock ford focus. Where as mine has a sports exhaust and green filter. Should the increase not be more near 20% As 9bhp stock is 10%

if you want more power then get a diesel or a turbocharged petrol.

• Like 1

I very much doubt that the sports exhaust & green filter have added 10bhp

What is the stock output in bhp / ps of your car ?

• Like 1

I very much doubt that the sports exhaust & green filter have added 10bhp

What is the stock output in bhp / ps of your car ?

I never said they'd give 10bhp but I said I wondered if it would be possible to reach the 20% with a remap if the default remap gives an extra 9bhp. I'm just thinking that if stock focus build and remap =+9hp then my focus +remap more than 9hp?

Stock bhp: 98

Stock nm: 145

What's the gearbox rated at in nm ?

What's the gearbox rated at in nm ?

I'm unable to locate that information. Where can it be found? Google says that the ST has 450nm max for theres if thats any help.

Hmmm . . the ST gearbox is no doubt higher rated

As others have said . . . remapping a n/a low powered petrol engine is really not worth the effort or £

You'd need to achieve at least circa 125bhp & 180nm for a driveable difference & that just isn't going to happen really & even if it did your engine / gearbox will probably object

Better off buying a decent turbo petrol or non DPF diesel & then remap is the best advice I can offer you

• Like 1

Found out that the focus has a I85 gearbox(I think <_< ) Which max rating is 185nm

Also bear in mind that your original stock bhp is highly likely to be down by circa 10% since new, & is probably around 90 bhp now, so a remap needs to add circa 35 bhp - to get the 125 bhp - which is not safely possible or practicable

As said NASP cars are no use for tuning. Unless you are prepared to do major engine and breathing work along with a remap then you might see a noticeable gain in performance with enough engine work.

On the standard engine ill be blunt the 1.6 was not designed to take any power I have the ti vct 1.6 and all the ti vct unit updated pump injectors redesigned engine redesigned manifold and air intake twin cat exhaust does is take it from 100bhp to 115bhp though mines hot 123bhp that's down to the engine being well built on the day and in good health premium fuel and a k and n filter without the filter it was 119.3bhp so reality is 4bhp on the filter

A remap at best would get you 9bhp but its actually more like 5bhp so you're exhaust filter and remap at whatever it costs from new IDE guess £700 gets you if you're lucky 9bhp which you'll never feel or notice a Kia ceed will still leave you for dust as will most small engine cars ....to make the focus remotely light it would need to be a bare Shell with a drivers seat and dash and not much else

Ive done it myself when I was younger its really not worth it but it is you're money

• Like 4

Hi

I know this may sound sarcastic ok, im sorry in advance.

If you wanted more power why did you not choose say a 1.8 or a 2.0

Jamie

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club