Fraser.

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Ford Model: Mk7 Zetec S Ti-Vct
Posted 18 September 2009 - 11:39 PM

Hi guys,

I have my iPhone linked up to the car via USB for my
music, and Bluetooth for calls. However if I recieve a call when listenening to a track off the iPod, I can take the call as normal but when the calls ended the music doesn't resume playing. I have to press the ok button twice to resume. It's not a great hardship but I'd rather it just
resume playing.

Does everyone elses do this or just mine? Lol

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 titanium_s_spec

titanium_s_spec

Local Rep: Hertfordshire (Spelling Bee Champ)

• FOC Supporters
  • 729 posts
  • Ford Model: fiesta mk7 mountune

Posted 19 September 2009 - 08:05 AM

yes i experience the same thing when i receive calls from withheld numbers on my phone very strange the phone just won't transfer to the radio so that it rings through the speakers and that's with just the radio on.and also transferred an album from amazon tunes to usb stick and now have four of every song on it :angry: :angry:

#3 Nipz

Nipz

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta Zetec MK7
Posted 19 September 2009 - 10:30 AM

I cant even get my 3GS to play as an iPod. I could get my 3G to and can get my mates 3Gs to but not my 3GS... really odd.

#4 dysphasi

dysphasi

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.6 TDCi Titanium
Posted 20 November 2009 - 11:34 PM

Having troubles with mine too :( It seems the car/phone get confused between the speaker modes.....I've had the following
1. Works fine....occasionally
2. iPod track details displayed fine, but no sound in ipod mode
either => 2.a. press aux again and sound on 'line-in'
or => 2.b. press aux and get sound on 'bluetooth' mode

Is this the iphone or the car causing the problems?

#5 PistolPete

PistolPete

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.25 3 Door Zetec [2009]
Posted 21 November 2009 - 05:20 PM

I thought I'd ask a question around this topic hope somebody has the answer...

You lot seem to be using the same device (iPhone) for calls and music...handy and fair enough...

I really hope my car (when it arrives) isn't going to get confused with the following - I'll be keeping my phone (iPhone 3G) in a "mount" attached to the dash somewhere and ONLY using it for calls; but for music it'll be iPod Nano (generation before the current one) via USB.

Anyone foresee any problems with this setup??? Like when a call comes through, the music should cut out and call come through right?

Thanks in advance.

Peter.

#6 irononreverse

irononreverse

Too much time on the boards

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta Zetec Mk7

Posted 21 November 2009 - 11:45 PM

You lot seem to be using the same device (iPhone) for calls and music...handy and fair enough...

I really hope my car (when it arrives) isn't going to get confused with the following - I'll be keeping my phone (iPhone 3G) in a "mount" attached to the dash somewhere and ONLY using it for calls; but for music it'll be iPod Nano (generation before the current one) via USB.

Anyone foresee any problems with this setup??? Like when a call comes through, the music should cut out and call come through right?

Thanks in advance.

Peter.

If your iphone is just set to bluetooth and the nano is playing through AUX, then I don't think you should have any problems.

#7 MarkyR

MarkyR

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 530 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta Mk7 Zetec S

Posted 21 November 2009 - 11:55 PM

Thanks in advance.

Peter.

Nope, no problems what so ever, cause that's the EXACT same thing that I have done. Works fine, also my iPhone works as an iPod fine but I can't change tracks etc with the stereo. No biggy as I use my Nano, the stereo is also very fast changing tracks with the Nano too. Oh I have the fatboy Nano, I think it's the third gen one?

#8 PistolPete

PistolPete

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.25 3 Door Zetec [2009]
Posted 22 November 2009 - 03:59 PM

Cheers for the replies guys. I'll probably be using Y-Cable for Nano and yeah iPhone will be in pocket or a mount if I can find a decent one.

Thanks again this helps.

B)

Peter

#9 xxtrickzxx

xxtrickzxx

Fetish for fords

• PipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts
  • Name: trev
  • Ford Model: focus st3 wagon
  • Year: 2013

Posted 26 November 2009 - 12:36 AM

i use a first gen nano and it works fine,though my 3gs just says"device not compatible" any of you guys know how i can cure this?

#10 WelshAde

WelshAde

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 291 posts
  • Name: Adrian
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Mk7 Zetec S - Black
  • Year: 2010

Posted 26 November 2009 - 01:13 AM

i dont have an iphone but i do use a 2nd gen ipod touch, will this work in my fiesta with the cable, before i splash out on the cable

#11 Andy09

Andy09

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Mk7
Posted 26 November 2009 - 03:32 PM

i dont have an iphone but i do use a 2nd gen ipod touch, will this work in my fiesta with the cable, before i splash out on the cable

Yep, got one myself and it works fine.

#12 WelshAde

WelshAde

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 291 posts
  • Name: Adrian
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Mk7 Zetec S - Black
  • Year: 2010

Posted 26 November 2009 - 03:33 PM

Yep, got one myself and it works fine.

nice one, thanks

#13 johnm1873

johnm1873

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Ford Model: 1.6 TDCi Titanium
Posted 15 December 2009 - 09:44 AM

I've just bought a Focus 1.6 Titanium with the Communications Pack. When i plug my Ipod Touch in through the USB, i'm able to navigate thorugh my music no problem but when i play anything there is no sound.

I've made sure the volume is up on the Ipod but there is a 'mute' symbol that appears on the radio screen.

Can anyone help with this?

#14 KeithC

KeithC

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts
  • Ford Model: New Fiesta 1.4 Titanium
Posted 15 December 2009 - 10:30 AM

I've just bought a Focus 1.6 Titanium with the Communications Pack. When i plug my Ipod Touch in through the USB, i'm able to navigate thorugh my music no problem but when i play anything there is no sound.

I've made sure the volume is up on the Ipod but there is a 'mute' symbol that appears on the radio screen.

Can anyone help with this?

You need a Y cable from Ford or I think they can be had from E Bay for 15 to 20. It utilises the USB for the info from the iPod and the 2.5mm jack plug for the sound. I think that's correct,but I've never used the iPod, prefer a USB stick.

Alternatively, you can get a USB stick and plug it in the USB slot which does everything the iPod does.

The advantage of the USB stick is that you can leave it in the car at all times negating the need to plug the iPod in and remembering to take it out. Of course, you can use a USB extension etc and hide the ipod away, but it's a lot of hassle. Plus, you have the added bopnus of using iTunes less often. ;)

See here for more info on the Y cable

#15 johnm1873

johnm1873

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Ford Model: 1.6 TDCi Titanium
Posted 15 December 2009 - 10:52 AM

Thanks Keith, i never thought about using a USB stick. Think i'll try it out.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users