Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Galaxy Juddering When Turning Left

Evad Geshuh

Hi

New to this forum, so apologies if I make any errors.

I have a 2002 Galaxy petrol automatic 2.8 litre, 42,000 miles, which has developed a juddering noise when turning to the left at 20mph and above. Prior to this happening, I had a new passenger side shaft and coupling fitted during PDI, and since have had a wheel bearing fitted on the passenger ( left) side to try to get rid of a rumbling noise, which worked.

Within 50 miles of it leaving the garage, it developed a juddering when the wheel was turned to the left. We were on our way to France ( which is where we now are) and we had no problems driving down, except that I took things very slowly when turning left. We have placed the car in our local garage, who were convinced that the noise was from the replacement shaft on the passenger side ( it turns out that our good old UK dealer who we bought from fitted a recon shaft which was worn)

This has been replaced, but the juddering is still there.

I think that the mechanic is a bit lost what to do next ( plus translation into French is not easy). If anyone has had a similar problem, I would really appreciate some guidance and advice, as I am reluctant to drive back to the UK until it is sorted.

could be something suspension related, maybe the drop links have gone, or its a bad CV joint (more likely I think!)