Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Rattles In Your Fiesta?

PhDream

Hey all,

I've noticed a few complants here and there about rattles in our Fiestas, so I am hoping that we can gather all of them in this one thread, to better give current and coming owners an overview.

People can write about the kind of rattle (what does it sound like, is it loud or minor), when does it rattle (constant or intermittent, when cold/warrm), where does it rattle (cabin/front/rear, boot, engine bay) AND mots importantly: have you had it fixed (yourself, garage, warranty).

I'll start: I have an intermittent rattle somewhere in the right side of the car, passenger side since I live in DK. It's a plastic rattle, mostly heard when the car is not warmed up yet, disappears after 10 min. or maybe the music drowns it out. It's not loud and probably not something that can be fixed. The plastics in the Fiesta are not the best quality.

• Like 1

I had what sounded like a wheel bearing this week - knocking at 30mph+ going to almost a humming noise at higher speeds. Made noise under heavy braking (weight going to front of car), and when swerving to the left (which lead me to think it was a wheel bearing). Jacked it up and span the front wheels by hand and then using the engine (no limited slip diff so you can spin the wheel using the engine) and no noise at all - Not a wheel bearing then...? Turned out it was an engine mount.

Had it replaced at a garage for £80 (new to the area, didn't know them, etc. Probably could be done cheaper).

• Like 2

I have a rattle in the back of my car. Something makes me think that it is actually coming from the boot window, but god knows. Seems to be a constant rattle.

Car was in garage couple of weeks and they didnt pick anything up. Its annoying.

Ive notice my seat is also making a 'Squeaking' noise. Also annoying.

Mine's relatively rattle free now. . . I did have a weird one coming from either the B pillar or rear door card the other day but it's gone again now.

Touch plastic

• Like 2

Thanks for the replies! Keep 'em coming! :)

Has anybody tried sound proofing/insulation/deadening of the chassis? I put some in the boot and it has helped and now I'll be doing something under the back seats as well, because it's all metal underneath.

Fiesta has fairly good sound insulation, but running on 17" alloys is quite noisy.

Ive got a few rattles here and there, first is the passenger seat belt on the slider of it, that's intimitent, cant say temperature has an effect... ive posted in another thread too, but it sounds like there is a tiny screw loose in the slider? And ScottIGH has just discovered this too:-/

The second was from the 12v power outlet in the centre console... i believe that was the actualy flip cover that was rattling and is now sorted due to my new ambient lighting method haha! ;) (plugging in a USB charger port into the 12v so the 12v cover remains open a little bit...

And the third, just like Mordey, the missus. "Stop adding stuff to your car, did you need to beep? Slow down a bit" thats wearing ;) bless her :') i'm yet to send her round a track though :P

• Like 1

My glove box lid rattles!!

Have you tried sorting it out?

• Like 1

My 2004 fiesta

The rear bench slides forward slightly under heavy braking

Occasional "pop" when slowing down or Heavy braking. Most after harsh acceleration.

Vibration from all the girlfriends rubbish in the glovebox (yes.. Simply rubbish, I checked)

Terrible wind noise

Drivers side mirror rattles like I don't know what. Needs replacing

• Like 2

Kieran, how 'bout you tell us what does NOT rattle? :P :D

Kieran, how 'bout you tell us what does NOT rattle? [emoji14] :D

I've told you every sound the car makes including a rattle from the glovebox! Haha. I've spoilt you all ;)

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Every car I've owned and even friends current new cars all creak and rattle somewhere (Fiesta, Giulietta, 3 Series, Golf, A5, TT, Jag XF) I think it's common place even in much more expensive cars with apparently higher quality interiors as there are many parts to the interiors and exteriors which are touching and move, especially with thermal changes making things like plastics expand/shrink.

I and others have tried to remove all creaks/rattles & squeeks from our cars but it's a loosing battle sadly (silicon sprays can help temporarily but be careful what materials you spray them on to)

To listcurrent noises:

- rattle from where passenger corner pillar meets the dash about 10 mins in after car warms up,

- creaks from both front cloth seats

- squeeks noise from boot if your sat in back is audible on bumpy roads

• Like 1

only rattles iv had is a twisted seat buckle vibrating against side of car. a simple untwist sorts that out and coins rattling in the glove box coin holders removing the coins stops that one. guess i've been lucky to have no other rattles.

• Like 3

I have a squeak, seems to be in nearside engine bay. Prob is, it only happens once, for a few seconds on a cold start. Usually doesn't happen again that day. 2 hopes of fixing that, no hope and bob hope. I just thought, maybe I'll record it.

OT: just an observation, the rear shelf hangers, couldn't they have spent a little less than using 1p keyhole slots? Even the orsa had 2p clips AND it was elastic string :)

• Like 2

only rattles iv had is a twisted seat buckle vibrating against side of car. a simple untwist sorts that out and coins rattling in the glove box coin holders removing the coins stops that one. guess i've been lucky to have no other rattles.

Yeah i've had the twisted seat belt, i'd like to say it sorts out the 'loose screw' rattle ive got going on in the slider of the seatbelt... which has now started on the my drivers side too-.-

The most irritating whine from both front brake pads when braking and that awful moaning of the power steering pump, like a one man band in Leeds

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

• Like 1

The most irritating whine from both front brake pads when braking and that awful moaning of the power steering pump, like a one man band in Leeds

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

Haha! i'll listen out for you next time i'm up in Leeds mate! ;)
  • Like 1

The heat sheild round my backbox used to rattle when I had my fiesta until I put a bigger washer over the bolt and was alright

All my heatshields are cable tied on! Haha

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Got one which sounds like its at the back of the dash (near the window) or behind the glove box but cant locate it!

Going to try and remove the glove box to see if I can find it. Rattles at low RPM (when the car is cold, and when its warmed up) and also can hear it during certain bass 'pitches' (even if the car is on about 6 volume) - also hear it every bump i go over.

Just cannot locate it as if i lean over whilst trying to drive the sound seems to stop or move!

I've got a rattle/squeak from behind me whilst driving.. can't put my finger on it.. and no, its not the girlfriend

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

• Like 1

B pillar drivers side

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

Only occasionally for me this one (touch wood)

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club