Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Rattles In Your Fiesta?

PhDream

The cat food (go cat) I store in the boot for the work stray cat.

It was dead skinny when it first started coming over, now with everybody feeding it its getting plump! It has also learned our break times and is out waiting accordingly lol

• Like 3

B pillar drivers side

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

Is that where yours is rattling, or where mine could be?

Think mine maybe coming from the passenger door now - getting a passenger in it tonight to try and find it! Might need to hit something with a hammer

Nothing. No rattles at all.

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC mobile app

Making a squeaking sound when going over bumps in the cold.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Is that where yours is rattling, or where mine could be?

Think mine maybe coming from the passenger door now - getting a passenger in it tonight to try and find it! Might need to hit something with a hammer

Mine intermittent but annoying

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

Not so much a rattle but a buzzing behind the dash Where the stereo/heaters are somewhere that's doing my head in..

Stu

I think we should just get everyone of our rattles, and put each rattling component in 1 car.....then torch it. Would give me a lot of pressure having no rattles!

• Like 1

I think we should just get everyone of our rattles, and put each rattling component in 1 car.....then torch it. Would give me a lot of pressure having no rattles!

Imagine the noise 😂

Imagine the noise

I mean if we all chip in a few quid we can buy a new car and take the bits to swap with our squeeky ones!

• Like 1

Mine rattles from the C pillar on the passenger side, I thought it might have been the rear door card but its the large piece of plastic trim, guess this was removed when parking sensors etc were fitted.

19 hours ago, 10dawson said:

Making a squeaking sound when going over bumps in the cold.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Is it a loud squeak from suspension when its cold?

Mine does the same - works carpark has the horrible speed humps (the incredibly high black and white plastic ones) and mine squeaks. Just a case of everything being a little cold so I tend to take it easy over any bump for the first few minutes! (Extra slow)

Yep! Exactly that! Why can't Ford just design a car that doesn't squeak anywhere?

3 hours ago, 10dawson said:

Yep! Exactly that! Why can't Ford just design a car that doesn't squeak anywhere?

100K cars have squeaks and rattles. Metal and plastic will eventually expand/contract thus creating noises. It can't be avoided.

• Like 1

Number 1 injector rattles like hell now that my husband can hear the engine after having the fan replaced :-( 

FOUND MY RATTLE!

I have a dashcam coming from my door seal, under my passenger mat and THINK the wire was rattling against the plastic on footwell, so put some tissue there.

Also noticed the speaker rattles when on around VOL 12 (with slight bass). So now may remove the tissue to see if it worsens, if not then its 100% the speaker :(, but then I dont have tissue to stop a rattle! Now I know what it is, I feel much more at ease even though its hard to stop a speaker rattle. I think it was some old couple who had the car before me, so unsure of to why the speaker would/maybe damaged 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JSMarsden said:

FOUND MY RATTLE!

I have a dashcam coming from my door seal, under my passenger mat and THINK the wire was rattling against the plastic on footwell, so put some tissue there.

Also noticed the speaker rattles when on around VOL 12 (with slight bass). So now may remove the tissue to see if it worsens, if not then its 100% the speaker :(, but then I dont have tissue to stop a rattle! Now I know what it is, I feel much more at ease even though its hard to stop a speaker rattle. I think it was some old couple who had the car before me, so unsure of to why the speaker would/maybe damaged 

Glad you've found the source of the rattle 😉 The old couple who's to say they didn't like heavy drum and bass?😉 Either that or they were deaf and needed the volume up so much, they've damaged the speaker?😉

29 minutes ago, Cookey09 said:

Glad you've found the source of the rattle 😉 The old couple who's to say they didn't like heavy drum and bass?😉 Either that or they were deaf and needed the volume up so much, they've damaged the speaker?😉

Just hope its not damaged - but oh well. Is there an easy way to take the speaker cover off to check for any physical defects? Yeh, knowing me the elderly couple probably had Radio 4 on volume 30

When I bought mine, the radio presets were Classic FM, radio 4, and radio 5 live...  Really putting the premium Sony system through its paces lol, can probably guess their age. :lol:

11 minutes ago, JSMarsden said:

Just hope its not damaged - but oh well. Is there an easy way to take the speaker cover off to check for any physical defects? Yeh, knowing me the elderly couple probably had Radio 4 on volume 30

Hope it isn't for you mate. Take it to the dealer? They should sort it for you if your speaker was to be damaged? And regarding taking the speaker off, I wouldn't know sorry mate. 

Well, I know if I rock upto the dealer and say "my speaker is making a rattling noise" they will just turn around and say that ive blown in/its a wear and tear item 

It isn't wear and tear, but proving you haven't damaged it could be a problem.

I'm fairly sure the speaker grill is integral with the door panel so you need to remove that, few screws and clips, nothing difficult but not a 5 minute job either.

19 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

It isn't wear and tear, but proving you haven't damaged it could be a problem.

I'm fairly sure the speaker grill is integral with the door panel so you need to remove that, few screws and clips, nothing difficult but not a 5 minute job either.

And there was me thinking if I stuck a big knife between the grille and the door panel, it would just pop out haha. Damn. Are they easy/cheap to replace Speakers if mine IS damaged? 

• 3 weeks later...

Bits in my glovebox and armrest, just put a few clothes in them and that sorts it out.

Stuff in the boot gets chucked about as well, but for anything with the car, no rattles!

• Like 1

So, I opened up the panel in the tailgait and secured the reversing camera wiring. One rattle down.

The remaining rattles I've borrowed down to the Spare wheel been insecure do to some clown snapping the bolts off.. cable tie job I think.. or drill and retap

Then the other rattle is only with serious bass.. and it's the rear view mirror as I fitted a self dimming one. not sure how to rectify it. if I hold it it stops

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club