Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2006 Focus 1.6 Tdci Stuttering When Cruising

bigshorty

An update for you all at last concerning blanking EGR valve on my Focus.

I eventually got round to fitting the blanking plate, and all seems good at the moment. Idle seems nice and steady, seems to be an improvement in performance, especially in the lower gears, not sure on fuel economy as yet as I haven't driven it much since fitting. Engine noise has increased a bit, but this could also be down to the fact that I can't fit the top engine cover on as the mounting for the securing bolt has broken, and can't leave it on like that, it'll flap around whilst driving. After fitting the plate I gave the car an oil change using the Xado Total Flush, noticed quite a bit of sludgy stuff come out of the drain plug hole, so guessing its done its job. Also, got a high performance K&N air filter coming to help with the increased air demand through induction system.

One issue I have is that I keep getting fault codes come up, lighting up the engine management light on the dash. Does anyone know if these fault codes will eventually stop? I do have a diagnostic tool, allbeit only a cheapy eBay job, but the codes are always the same one's and are linked to the EGR valve. Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated.

• Like 1

I get three codes come up. They are P0487, P0488 and P2142.

Just to elaborate the fault codes are:

P0487 (Exhaust gas recirculation throttle position control circuit), P0488 (egr throttle position sensor circuit out of range) and P2142 (Exhaust Gas Recirculation Throttle Control Circuit "A" High)

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Just an update for you regarding blanking of EGR valve.

Took the car for first long run since blanking DPF and installing the K&N filter. What a difference this has made, noticeable improvement in performance, turbo lag definitely reduced and fuel economy seemed better although a few more runs will confirm this, all in all a worthwhile experience and glad I did it. Did notice engine noise was a bit louder, as was mentioned would happen. I even reset the fault codes before the journey today, and they have not come back either. Well happy!

Cheers for all the help and advice!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club