Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
    • Join Premium & Save
      Join Premium & Save
    • Share Your Car Experience
      Share Your Car Experience
    • 1000's Of Fords For Sale
      1000's Of Fords For Sale

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Budgie650

Headlight Condensation

5 posts in this topic

On my 2003 Ka i am getting condensation in the drivers side headlamp is there a cure or is it a new headlamp unit. :rolleyes:

On my 2003 Ka i am getting condensation in the drivers side headlamp is there a cure or is it a new headlamp unit. :rolleyes:

have a close look around it for any crack or areas where moisture can possibly be getting in. i would also make sure all the bulbs are fitted correctly etc.

if that still doesnt help i would consider a second hand unit.

have a close look around it for any crack or areas where moisture can possibly be getting in. i would also make sure all the bulbs are fitted correctly etc.

if that still doesnt help i would consider a second hand unit.

is this a mot faliure :unsure:

check the cover on the back of the lamp is fitted securely

its not an mot failure condensation according to ford should be expected in cold conditions and should go away after 30 mins of driving with the head lights the cause can be simple the bulb produces heat inside that light is nice and warm outside its blooming freezing condensation in a sealed space unedr these conditions should be expected and does not mean anything is wrong has it only happened as its cold? no water sitting in a little puddle at the bottom of the light?just a misting of the light? then if its just misty you are likely to have no problem take it to any garage they will look at it and tell you in this weather it should be expected