Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Headlight Condensation

Budgie650

On my 2003 Ka i am getting condensation in the drivers side headlamp is there a cure or is it a new headlamp unit. :rolleyes:

have a close look around it for any crack or areas where moisture can possibly be getting in. i would also make sure all the bulbs are fitted correctly etc.

if that still doesnt help i would consider a second hand unit.

• 6 months later...

have a close look around it for any crack or areas where moisture can possibly be getting in. i would also make sure all the bulbs are fitted correctly etc.

if that still doesnt help i would consider a second hand unit.

is this a mot faliure :unsure:

check the cover on the back of the lamp is fitted securely

check the cover on the back of the lamp is fitted securely

its not an mot failure condensation according to ford should be expected in cold conditions and should go away after 30 mins of driving with the head lights the cause can be simple the bulb produces heat inside that light is nice and warm outside its blooming freezing condensation in a sealed space unedr these conditions should be expected and does not mean anything is wrong has it only happened as its cold? no water sitting in a little puddle at the bottom of the light?just a misting of the light? then if its just misty you are likely to have no problem take it to any garage they will look at it and tell you in this weather it should be expected