Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brake Shift Control

Smidgey

Hi guys I bought a new dvd head unit and its got a axle I need to to connect to the brake shift control what is this where can I find it what am I looking for any help appreciated

This is just for the DVD head unit to know if the hand break has been applied and will allow the dvd screen to come on.
Im sure this is just looking for a gound and you can connected it to most metal frames around the radio and it will allow the screen to work all the time so you passangers can watch tv while you drive

If it's just connected to anything metal how will it know if the hand brake is on or off

That's the idea - if you connect to ground it'll just work. It's designed to hook up to the brake cable so it only allows video playback when the car is stationary.

It is illegal to have a video device playing where the driver can see it.

(However eBay sell resistors to bypass this - NOT RECOMMENDED THOUGH)

I won't watch DVDs while driving any ways so I don't need to connect anything to stop it the screen stays on while the radio or CD player is on that's all

Picture shows all I can see while driving

post-63954-0-73593500-1446659718_thumb.j

Ah, a Shenzen Special ;) Just earth it to ground - all the chinese HU's allow you to turn that function off in the interface anyway so it'll make no difference. Plus I've started putting music videos on my USB drive for it mostly to hide the horrid interface on these things :)

Which head unit do you have mine only takes max 16gb men stick

It's an Xtrons PF171 or something along those lines. It'll also only take 16gb but that's enough - got a couple of hundred MP3s, about 50 music videos and 6 films on it (something to keep the kids amused on long journeys).

Do you have screens in the rear linked to the head units as I was thinking of that's but won't be able to play did while driving and my little boy won't be able to see it other wise

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club