Do Not Sell My Personal Information

punto or fiesta ???

bigdogrepo

I am going to service my 1.4 Zetec. is it an easy task to replce the HT leads and spark plugs or should I Shell out for a garage service ???

ps my 1.4 zetec needs to be really pushed hard to have any level of performance, is this typical? i have not had the car long. In addition it is not very good on fuel, hence the service.

compared to my previous Punto, it is no where near as good. Everyone tells me this is nonsense, however this has been my expierence, i am hoping a service will sort tthis out. it has only done 45ooo miles and has three stamps in the service book.

what you think Punto or Fiesta

1.4 engine is known for not having the feel that it has 96 bhp,all tests suggest that the 1.25 feels like it has more torque than the 1.4,and accelerates from lower rpm than the 1.4 but i dont believe it is slower than a punto....rev it up,give it some air,go to a road full of bends and give it all she s got,the fiesta cannot even compare to the punto.....

mmm i think a good service is the place to start. could be anything from clogged air filter to worn plugs. not very good on fuel, do you have a figure for fuel consumption?

as for changing the ht leads and plugs, this is a very simple job. you will need to get yourself a spark plug socket and ratchet or breaker bar if you dont already have one, apart from that you will need some anti seize compound to smear on the threads of the new plugs. this makes them an awful lot easier to remove next time.

where in scotland are you? you could hire my services free of charge to help you out if you are near me?

mmm i think a good service is the place to start. could be anything from clogged air filter to worn plugs. not very good on fuel, do you have a figure for fuel consumption?

as for changing the ht leads and plugs, this is a very simple job. you will need to get yourself a spark plug socket and ratchet or breaker bar if you dont already have one, apart from that you will need some anti seize compound to smear on the threads of the new plugs. this makes them an awful lot easier to remove next time.

where in scotland are you? you could hire my services free of charge to help you out if you are near me?

thanks for that, i will try and check the mph, what i know is that the punto ran £25.00 per month the fiesta is around £10 per week. i know its not a lot, but its the wifes runarround and its is far more than the punto. I live in the uddingston area, quite happy to have a go at the plugs and leads myself . thanks for the offer of help, much apreciated.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club